Thread: High School shooting avoided thanks to MySpace

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    [news=http://x.myspace.com/images/LogoDotcom.gif]Five students have been arrested after planning to perform a shooting at their high school in Riverton, Kansas. The plot was foiled after one of the teens posted a message on the popular networking website, MySpace.

School officials were informed who then followed up the tip-off with the pupil in question and his friends. One of the students involved in the plot then revealed the plans to a North Carolina woman who immediately informed police.

Source: http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=32940
    Homepage: http://www.myspace.com/[/news]

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Poster
    What if these guys didnt like "Games" and shared the comman intreast of say Adult Movies, will they blame the plot on Adult Movies ?? LOL man these people are stupid!

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Well we could play the blame "game" all day but there are stupid people in all walks of life . Nice to see a simple chat room helped defuse a bad situation I guess .

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Unfortunately the love of gaming shared by the plotters has been highlighted by some publications, refreshing the distorted 'games equals violence' view shared by so many across the world.
    What kid, teenager, adult doesn't love gaming nowadays?
    So basically, everybody who commits a crime probably got the idea from one game or another?

hmm...asspie

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    And another thing...when an adult commits a crime it's simply because he's a criminal, but when a teenager does it it's beause he got bad influence from whatever?

hmm...asspie

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    I'm confused. On the news they said that the shooters were gonna kill bullies. If that's the case then they should not have talked about it on the internet. Hopfully the next student or students that plan to do this will keep it a secret so the don't get thawarted. You may think I'm crazy but If you were picked on for most of your school life you'd wanna kill some people too. I never actulally thought about doing it. Though I've fantisized about it. Don't worry I graduated 10 years ago, so I won't be on the news. But it pisses me off to this day that nobody does anything about bullies. Usually when something bad happens society is good about fixing the problem. But there were several school shootings around 10-15 yrs ago but still they did nothing to eliminate the culprits which are the bullies. Instead the came up with this crap about if you hear or know of someone Who's planning a school shooting tell someone about it. Thats all well and good but won't do anything to fix the problem. That only prevents the result of a problem instead of the cause, which is bullies.

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by heat84
    I'm confused. On the news they said that the shooters were gonna kill bullies. If that's the case then they should not have talked about it on the internet. Hopfully the next student or students that plan to do this will keep it a secret so the don't get thawarted. You may think I'm crazy but If you were picked on for most of your school life you'd wanna kill some people too. I never actulally thought about doing it. Though I've fantisized about it. Don't worry I graduated 10 years ago, so I won't be on the news. But it pisses me off to this day that nobody does anything about bullies. Usually when something bad happens society is good about fixing the problem. But there were several school shootings around 10-15 yrs ago but still they did nothing to eliminate the culprits which are the bullies. Instead the came up with this crap about if you hear or know of someone Who's planning a school shooting tell someone about it. Thats all well and good but won't do anything to fix the problem. That only prevents the result of a problem instead of the cause, which is bullies.
    agreed. schools generally don't do shit about bullies. maybe a few dead bullies now will fix things for the future. nobody would miss the little shits anyway

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    Poster
    Instead teachers treat the bullies like special students who are a little mislead in life and tell the victim to suck it up or disregard the fact that someone made fun or him , in my school all the teacher says is " Man, Do Your Work" when he makes fun of kids

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    I don't blame the teachers all that much. Its mostly Principals and Administritors that I blame. Now that I think about it, nothing short of expolsion will stop a bullie since they don't care about getting suspended, so there really isn't much Principals or Administrators can do. So I guess its the school boards' fault. I've heard of a couple cases where the parents of someone being picked on sued the school board for not doing anything about the bullie. I don't know wheather or not they won but I wish I'd've thought of that. Although I think my parents are much too nice to sue anybody for anything.