Thread: Exactly what are invites?

Unsure

Never noticed this part of the board before.

I am just wondering what kind of sites have invites. There is a list in a sticky, but it doesn't tell me what torrents I can find.

Do invite sites have more torrents or better torrents.

I would like to find some hard to find files which usually means that they are old or in another language. Are these sites better for this or am I looking for something else.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    Piyush Singh's Avatar ImPoster BT Rep: +1
    Sites having invites are private torrent trackers,in which members post torrents exclusively for the benefit of a private group of members.Entry is by invite only,though some do open for public signups intermittently.
    Your ratio there is monitored unlike public trackers & if it falls below a mandatory figure,you are warned.If u do not heed to the warning & make an effort to upload,you are booted out.
    Obviously to keep their ratios healthy,members try to post exclusive & latest torrents.These torrents do however eventually seep down to public trackers.
    So you might just find those hard to find files there.
    Just remember if you like downloading a torrent & running off without seeeding for a while,these are not for you.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Thanks.
    What is the typical share requirement. I share my torrents to 3x or more unless they are obscenely large. I still go above 1x.

Is that enough or do I need to wait for more bandwidth.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Piyush Singh's Avatar ImPoster BT Rep: +1
    I think that is fair enough.
    Happy hunting for invites then :-)

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Piyush Singh
    Sites having invites are private torrent trackers,in which members post torrents exclusively for the benefit of a private group of members.Entry is by invite only,though some do open for public signups intermittently.
    Your ratio there is monitored unlike public trackers & if it falls below a mandatory figure,you are warned.If u do not heed to the warning & make an effort to upload,you are booted out.
    Obviously to keep their ratios healthy,members try to post exclusive & latest torrents.These torrents do however eventually seep down to public trackers.
    So you might just find those hard to find files there.
    Just remember if you like downloading a torrent & running off without seeeding for a while,these are not for you.
    i couldnt have wrote that better myself, well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by elkinm
    Thanks.
    What is the typical share requirement. I share my torrents to 3x or more unless they are obscenely large. I still go above 1x.

Is that enough or do I need to wait for more bandwidth.
    thats a share ratio of 3.0, most sites expect only 1.0 (send back the same amount u receive).

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    hey elkinm,
    if you need an invite to a great private tracker, send me your email in a pm. I will hook you up with torrentleech.