Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Window Washer

Window Washer with the bleach option is what you need

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    I don't know fellas but a simple reboot of your PC will restore all of your memory.
    As far as deleting files, "erasing" never really occurs but the programs you guys have listed simply overwrite the data so it cannot be read again.
    AnalogX has a bunch of freeware including a tiny program called "Supershredder." It will overwrite more than enough times to make that data "disappear."
    As far as AV protection, I've been online since 1997 and have only used online virus scanners. I've never gotten a virus. Ever.
    Opening unknown attachments and downloading unknown(unverified) software are 2 things I never do.

Just my 2 cents... B)

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    I also sugguest winbrush the program, I been using window washer too though.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    For a program which just frees RAM, and can be set to do it on schedule, try FreeRam Pro XP. It's a free DL from PCWorld or PCMag.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Nice posts guys... Usefull uttilites.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Just to clarify some misconception here.

First window washer does not release more ram and it does not speed up your pc
    It merely cleaned up your HD releasing more space. You can do that manually if you know how.
    The down side, it eats up your resources by running in the background.

Second ram does not retained info. When switching off all your ram comes back, only ramdrive
    can retained info by creating an image file.

Third by installing all those so-called "free ram " "double ram" programs, does more harm than good
    to your pc. They hogged your resources. When your resources dropped, your pc crawls.

The only way is to buy more rams, they are cheap.Don't try to cheat.You don't get something for nothing!!!

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    If you have plenty of RAM, sometimes it's better to use it than to free it. I have 512 and I have the WIN XP kernel running entirely in RAM - not in the swap file. It speeds things up considerably, and I still never drop below around 150.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Unless you do visual design you'll never need more than 512mb of ram.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Well, I wish you were right, but you're dead wrong. I don't know how old you are, or how long you've kept up with PC and software development, but the minimum RAM for Windows keeps spiralling up. The "comfortable" minimum for XP is now 256. It's a luxury to be able to run the kernel in RAM - right now, with three IEs open, OE, Mailwasher, plus all the services I've not yet cleaned out with services.msc, I have 107 left in RAM. If Diskeeper kicks in (it's not supposed to until tonight), I'll drop to 20 and soon start using the swap file. Start up Street Atlas, or Photoshop, and I'm into the swap file. But, no, I can't agree that 512 is as much as I'll ever need. Bloatware (plus my inability to resist it) will drive it much higher. Oops, I just said above that I never drop below 150. I guess I have to add "under normal circumstances."

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Oh, TIDE, you're such a computer hedonist!

I was running 1G of memory but just swapped out one of my 512's for a 256 ( needed to boost my backup pc). Even so, freeRAM usually shows about 500 mb of memory just sitting around. What a luxury!
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast