Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Window Washer

iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I'm bored so I think I'll help some people out that need some extra memory and this will make your comp a little faster (not the internet).
    Just get Window Washer 4.8 Registered Version. the first time i used it it cleared 624 Megabites! and that just from haveing my comp for nearly 2 years. 1 month later i've cleared neasrly 500 more megabites!
    About Window Washer:

Protect your privacy and recover valuable hard drive space with Window Washer. Window Washer allows you to easily clean up the history of your activities on your PC and the Internet. Window Washer's intuitive interface makes it easy to get rid of unwanted information that often clogs up system resources. Window Washer can automatically clean up your browser's cache, cookies, history, recent document list, and much more. Window Washer even includes a Custom Wash Items feature that allows you to specify other files and folders that you would like to have cleaned.
    Free Custom Wash Item plug-ins allow you to clean many third-party programs, such as RealPlayer and Adobe Acrobat. You can set Window Washer to run automatically in the background and clean your files and history as you work, or you can have it clean at start-up or shutdown. In addition, a Bleach function is also available that overwrites deleted files with random characters a set number of times, making them unrecoverable by file recovery utilities. Version 4.8 includes enhanced password security, improved bleaching functions, faster cleaning speeds, and an automatic check for updates.

Enjoy B)

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Window Washer is an excellent program.

I have been using it for a like a half a year and it clears up so much space. Then you can download custom to items to so it clean other particular programs. You can also add bleach so other programs cannnot bring it back.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    you can use it to wipe files from your hdd too. if you leave files in the recycle bin, and run win washer with the bleach on (more than 7 writes), you will get rid of the files in your recycle bin forever.
    it's pretty quick at cleaning too, much faster than the norton wipe data program in norton utilities

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    TRshady
    Originally posted by amphoteric88@27 April 2003 - 10:02
    you can use it to wipe files from your hdd too. if you leave files in the recycle bin, and run win washer with the bleach on (more than 7 writes), you will get rid of the files in your recycle bin forever.
    it's pretty quick at cleaning too, much faster than the norton wipe data program in norton utilities
    that sound's good, I'll try it then. Is this (or do you know of any) which will delete traces of all files permanently delete already?

for example, I deleted a file two weeks ago and emptied bin, is there a program which will delete that trace.
    That's just an example but it would be a great tool though.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    if you have norton utilities, there is an included program which will wipe a file completely from your hdd. the option is called a governmental wipe, i think it's in a program called data wipe within norton utilities. anyway, it'll remove all of the file, however it may not be able to remove traces of the filename, so if you have any dodgy files, you may want to rename them before you open them. this way there's gonna be no record of any dubious files on your comp
    good luck finding the proggie

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    TRshady
    I just got it (about 1mb) 249users and it's the virus worm/sddrop. I'll run AVG to get rid of it (hopefully), It would of been real nice if someone told me "the 1140kb is a virus" but don't worry.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    bad luck. i absolutely hate viruses, it really annoys me that some people sit at home and just make up malicious code to annoy people.
    there's a link to the real version if you just search in the software: verifieds section. you'll have to make it for the last 365 days though, not a lot of people are posting hashes for it, it's been out for a while
    bad luck again with the virus, hope there's no damage done

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    TRshady
    thanks for your luck (I think it helped) .
    AVG actually healed it, My faith in AVG has risen (way to go Grisoft )

ok, I'm off to try the second most popular file.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    lol, i used to have avg, but went off it when it wouldn't let me download the updates for it. switched to norton 2002 pro, and then to pc-cillin 2002 (cos it came free on my mboard disc). don't know which one i prefer, probably norton though, it was very fast at scanning.
    good luck getting the right file this time

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    E.E.
    Before you use, install, buy or even look sideways at an antivirus program check this site out.
    I have in the past used three different antivirus programs that actually stuffed my computer.
    Now I know why, they were listed as XP friendly but they just don't cut the mustard.

http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archives/index.xml

Using Norman now much happier. (DrWeb was my first choice but they detected my cracked version. Nuts.)

E.E.
    [FONT=Impact][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]home of quality

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast