Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows XP Genuine Advange MUST READ!

Poster

Urgent

I dunno, if has been posted... microsoft has added another Genuine program, called "Windows Genuine Advange Notifications(KB905474)" this could be avoided if you go to Windows Update site and select High Priority and is going to be second one in list or only one if you already apply all updates and than unchecked it, if you dont than this program get install and try go to windows update again Genuine checker shit is back because of the program, and even if you try bypass using "Windows Genuine Advantage Patcher (1.5.512.0)" wont work if believe me I tried... only way I bypass it is using the javascript method still works.

yes this program just sit there on your system tray and is parent to Winlogon.exe , so try to kill with
    windows task manager comes back again and quickly.. so only thing I have read to get rid of the Notification shit is going to
    "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Windows Genuine Advantage\data" and remane "data.dat" to something else..

update 1: here image what is happing to me is TRUE nag, even replace my logo screen and have to wait 5 sec to get into windows... SO DONT INSTALL it!
    http://img275.imageshack.us/img275/9071/wpg8zv.jpg
    update 2:
    if anyone want try to get rid of WGAN than here file get install...
    c:\windows\softwaredistribution\download\6c4788c9549d437e76e1773a7639582a\
    and "wgalogon.dll" and "spmsg.dll" are you little friend changes your logon screen and wgatray.exe..
    need to be delete but not so easy thou... easy method use recovery console windows xp cd delete them from there. I spend like 4hr figuring out how to get rid of it and i won the battle microshit

hopefully, someone will crack this shit...
    i hope this help some people.

edit: I try method about renaming the data.dat didn't work for me..
    Last edited by nless00; 04-26-2006 at 08:42 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Just don't install it.

I just checked WU. There were 2 critical updates. One was a NEW WGA. I installed the one NOT the new WGA. AOK here.

This worked an hour ago. Subject to change of course.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thank YOU! i waz just about to install it when read this, thank u so much!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Yoga's Avatar \ ( ^ 0 ^ ) / BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Omg

Actually I heard reports that the nag screen is optional, though I wouldn't know cuz my windows is genuine -
    http://windowsobserver.com/gallery2/...geViewsIndex=1
    Last edited by Yoga; 04-26-2006 at 07:59 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    You are welcome.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Haha I fell victim to this, but go search torrent sites and they have a crack for it.
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga
    Omg

Actually I heard reports that the nag screen is optional, though I wouldn't know cuz my windows is genuine -
    http://windowsobserver.com/gallery2/...geViewsIndex=1

A nag screen ? Thats pretty smart of MS , I for one love guilt-producing messages . What will those numb nuts think of next ?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Damnit... otay... all that patch I dled did was rid the dumb pop up in the Home Screen but I still get that nagging screen ><

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by LilAznAccommodator
    Damnit... otay... all that patch I dled did was rid the dumb pop up in the Home Screen but I still get that nagging screen ><

I don't know why I think this is soooooooo funny , cause I know my phone will soon be ringing of the hook with my buddies calling about this problem .

Crossing fingers hoping for a quick fix , swear some of the numb skulls still have an XP disk starting with FUK....

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I FOUND it!!!!!!!

LOL otay otay let me link up: Just go to torrentz.com or typhoontorrent.com(Whatever the exact link is ><)

And serach for 'Windows Genuine' and yeah dl whatever since they all same pretty much, and unzip/rar/etc... and put the file in BOTH c:/Windows/System32(OverWrite) AND this is important AND in the following location: c:\windows\softwaredistribution\download\6c4788c9549d437e76e1773a7639582a\

I didn't put it there and the nagging continued but was otay on main screen.

I hope that helps a little.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast