Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Way! Hardwareworld Has Got To Stay!

kAb's Avatar Poster
    There is a leak from top officials that Hardwareworld might be eliminated!!!

This cannot happen my friends. There is TO much to talk about in this world!

Use all your might to prevent evil sources from shutting us down!

*Sets up artillery defense*

Who's with me?!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    i'm with you! save the hardware!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    What is the reasoning behind this? This 'world' serves a purpose here. Why take it away?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Somebody1234@26 April 2003 - 19:41
    What is the reasoning behind this? This 'world' serves a purpose here. Why take it away?
    Some evil people (no names shall be named) wish to replace hardwareworld with... a BOOKWORLD... or a... FOODWORLD... or some OTHER world.

they figure they can just push us aside to make room for another world.. well i got some words for them...
    'it ain't gonna happen.'

not if I have anything to say about it :pirate:

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    why can the board not cope with a new bookworld and keep the hardware section too?
    is the demand for space too much?
    personally, i think we should keep the hardware world and also accomodate bookworld. maybe we could reduce the space of each section by deleting topics which have been idle for a certain period of time?
    if this is currently being practised, what is the time limit for idle posts to get "kicked"?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    That would be a serious mistake... and I think if it were to happen, i would personally remove myself from the board, and my contributions, by editing my posts.... I find the idea of removing hardwareworld that preposterous...

Without the tips, and help people recieve in this world, many would have too many issues to even run their computers correctly, or enjoyably, to even experience klite to its fullest level...

Without hardware... people cant even access the board, or klite... and its fundamentally key.

Just because you cant download hardware, or post hashes for it, is no reason to remove it.

and how can this even be an option, when that POS thread, biggest spam post in the world, contributes nothing to this forum, and is allowed to stay, where as the hardware world is infinitly more helpfull.

and bookworld vs hardwareworld.. thats not even close... the hardwareworld is far more important... not that i dont see a use for a bookworld... but w/o the help the hdworld provides, many wouldnt even be able to read their "Ebooks"

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    SAVE HARDWARE WORLD

Also add a bookworld as there are many ppl contributing to it (but not at the expense of deleting hardware world)

~-- patience just takes practice --~

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Even though it's "a good thing" to get others opinions on certain hardware, or HW combo's, I think that posts entirely of "Is this a good setup?"(followed with a list of all the components with prices and where to buy) is....dumb.

If I needed help with my hardware, I would be a bit pissed to see it "pushed" to the 2nd page because of post like these (posts of "non-problems") Not that they're useless and I aiming to offend anyone, but...jez a lil'rant dar

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    so segment hardware world into two parts.

1. hardware problems
    2. hardware chat/talk or some such thing

thus, you have the problems in one specific area, and the "does is card xxx better then card yyy" questions in another area.

i personaly think thats a great idea... as i too often myself sorting through for the problems at times, and the regular hardware banter...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    I would be very shocked if they did get rid of hardware world.

The best thing to do IMO is to merge hardwareworld with bookworld(if it does happen).

As not that many people contribute here compared with the other worlds.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast