Thread: Caprica - Galactica spin-off ftw

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    SCI FI Announces Caprica

SCI FI Channel announced the development of Caprica, a spinoff prequel of its hit Battlestar Galactica, in presentations to advertisers in New York on April 26. Caprica would come from Galactica executive producers Ronald D. Moore and David Eick, writer Remi Aubuchon (24) and NBC Universal Television Studio.

Caprica would take place more than half a century before the events that play out in Battlestar Galactica. The people of the Twelve Colonies are at peace and living in a society not unlike our own, but where high-technology has changed the lives of virtually everyone for the better.

But a startling breakthrough in robotics is about to occur, one that will bring to life the age-old dream of marrying artificial intelligence with a mechanical body to create the first living robot: a Cylon. Following the lives of two families, the Graystones and the Adamas (the family of William Adama, who will one day become the commander of the Battlestar Galactica), Caprica will weave together corporate intrigue, techno-action and sexual politics into television's first science fiction family saga, the channel announced.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=35773

It's either gonna be really really gay or really good, depending on who's in it.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    Well, I thought of my self as a very well informed person on this subject (tv),
    but this one really got me by surprise.
    The description doesn't seem to leave thisng very clear,
    the only thing that comes to mind is 'another boring prime time drama',
    but in the other hand, Im almost shure they are just being modest,
    they are saving the good stuff for last.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I don't know if I'll watch it. I've been cautious of prequels since the new Star Wars movies and the new Dune books.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Could be good, hopefully. Battlestar Galactica is an insanely addictingly good show, so who knows?

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    It would be hawt to see the first Cylons rebel and all the chaos it caused, but all this could be done in a mini series or a two part special - not entirely sure it warrants a family saga

What I really hope they don't do is turn it into a complete family drama, with a stereotypical Dad who spends too much time at work, a troubled teen son who’s always up to no good, an academic daughter and a stupid pet of some kind. That would truly suck bawls.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Draugr's Avatar Poster
    This is going to be frackin' awesome!

How many years prior to BSG was the first war with the cylons? This series might lead into it.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    I think its over 50 years ago the war started, then the Cylons left over 40 years ago oslt. They're bound to show us at least the beginning of the war, no point watching if they don't

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Just burning now , anyone seen it yet ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQlhlHwXjj0
    Last edited by peat moss; 05-09-2009 at 12:54 AM.