Thread: Where can I find this?

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I'm looking for a website or program with a database of file types and their Hex signatures. I need this, because I'm trying to recover certain files off a hardrive that recently had it's MFT corrupted. Now I know I can get these files off the disk, because I just scanned the thing with a RAW DATA recovery tool that said there were over 700,000 files on the disk. (Used EasyRecovery 6.10 pro)
    They're Raw File Recovery tool has a very large database of different file types, but it doesn't have entries for Turbo Lister databases and Mozilla Thunderbird .dat email databases. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    nevermind. I was able to recover the files using Advanced Recovery in EasyRecovery Pro 6.10 . Even though the drive's MFT may be currupt, the Advanced Recovery can more than likely pull the files off still. Pretty Cool! Saved me ALOT of time. Raw Recovery uses the most extreme method of grabbing data when all else fails...but it doesn't grab file names and half of the data is currupt in the recovery most of the time. It's a last resourt...besides the professional services out there.

Even BartPE couldn't view the files on that currupt drive, so I thank EasyRecoveryPro!!!
    Last edited by Wolfmight; 05-01-2006 at 02:45 PM.