Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flawless.

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    This program kicks ass but I think it might do a number on my auditory skills (as in I'll suck over time when trying to play a song learned by ear), but this thing is just leaps and bounds beyond anything Ive seen.. ffs they even have vocal tabs mixed in.

I already found some inconsistencies in some of the tabs for 'knot.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Music   -   #12
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    This program kicks ass but I think it might do a number on my auditory skills (as in I'll suck over time when trying to play a song learned by ear), but this thing is just leaps and bounds beyond anything Ive seen.. ffs they even have vocal tabs mixed in.

i'm glad you like it!!! i figured you would. i think it's the future for online guitar tabulature. there are other programs that do the same thing in principle, but guitar pro is by far the best imho (powertabs is a free alternative, but the program is much simpler & has a smaller community).

on the left side go to a genre and then the top of the genre page has a link to the top rated tabs of that genre. check out some of the top rated ones (some have 100+ rates). bohemian rhapsody for example is stunning.

3. Music   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551

i'm glad you like it!!! i figured you would. i think it's the future for online guitar tabulature. there are other programs that do the same thing in principle, but guitar pro is by far the best imho (powertabs is a free alternative, but the program is much simpler & has a smaller community).

on the left side go to a genre and then the top of the genre page has a link to the top rated tabs of that genre. check out some of the top rated ones (some have 100+ rates). bohemian rhapsody for example is stunning.
    Fucking awesome, thanks to this program I finally got that boost in the arm to go and learn the Iron Maiden's Phantom of the Opera (I knew how to play everything minus the solos...not anymore )

4. Music   -   #14

Fucking awesome, thanks to this program I finally got that boost in the arm to go and learn the Iron Maiden's Phantom of the Opera (I knew how to play everything minus the solos...not anymore )
    yeah, iron maiden is huge there. i wanna go through and learn a lot of the classic metallica songs. i know a couple, but i wanna get a lot more down. put it on the summer to-do list.

5. Music   -   #15

yeah, iron maiden is huge there. i wanna go through and learn a lot of the classic metallica songs. i know a couple, but i wanna get a lot more down. put it on the summer to-do list.
    Hell yes, I can't wait for summer, I've been accepted into some places already (universities) and I don't know whether or not I should go for ROTP, I'm having doubts since you ship out like 2 days after graduation (bye-bye free time + social life for the next 4.5 years). If I don't it means I'll work full time over summer, spare time = guitar up the ass. I'm gonna learn as many songs as humanly possible over summer, all classics too (goal 1: learn Master of Puppets album inside out).
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 05-03-2006 at 06:51 AM.

6. Music   -   #16
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    That kid looks super popular. Hes nothing special...I know tonnes of people who play the electric guitar and can do metal songs perfectally.

Once my buddys site goes up, ill post it here.

7. Music   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith
    That kid looks super popular. Hes nothing special...I know tonnes of people who play the electric guitar and can do metal songs perfectally.

Once my buddys site goes up, ill post it here.
    Ya, he's not special, but he can play them note for note and he claims to play them by ear, not an easy feat.

But ya post your buddy's website, im curious now.

8. Music   -   #18
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Well its not ready yet...they have a myspace, but they never maintain it. Theres a few very old samples...once the site goes up ill be much better.

http://myspace.com/pandaemonium

9. Music   -   #19
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith
    No offense, but the album art, logo, musical and lyrical style, and even the vampiric/Bathory persona are all blatant rip-offs of Cradle of Filth... In fact, had I not noticed that it said Pandaemonium and not Cradle of filth, I would have thought it to be COF... Which I suppose is a good thing, but come on, what happened to originality...

Last edited by Damnatory; 05-05-2006 at 03:43 AM.

10. Music   -   #20
    i think i like metalcore because i can't take bands like that seriously. goth/death/doom obsession is not of real interest to me. those guys really like dimmu borgir i guess.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast