Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Newsgroup Access?

Anyway to get free access? I have a "limited" account through Adelphia. Only 4-5 gigs/month. Anyway to get more without them knowing about it? Anyway to get free access any other way.

I can't belive how fast newsgroup downloads can be. I downloaded 4 gigs in about an hour! I am sooooo hooked now!

H E L P ME!!!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    there are free ones but they are normally shit.

might be worth looking around at other isp's some actually have unlimited newsgroup access with half decent retention.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Adelphia, which is currently going out of business, soon to be bought by Time Warner (maybe), is my ISP. The other most likel;y one to use around here is a DSL (SBC/YAHOO) which I believe has unlimited newsgroups.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    you have to check binary retention and completion as well. there is not much point having unlimited downloads if they dont bother caching anything decent for you to download.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I understand. Just feel that all ISP's should allow unlimited newsgroup downloads. But then again, what do I know!

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    It would cost them billions for a service only 1% would use and those people would be using it to leech hundreds of gigabytes (which would cost the ISP even more) of illigal stuff.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Yeah, but they use P2P to do the same thing.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Shouldn't it be more expensive for the ISP's to have P2P like BT and edonkey etc. P2P involve a bigger part of the infrastructure other than a 1 on 1 connection with a newsserver.

Dunno know but I just started thinking when reading this post....

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSteve
    Adelphia, which is currently going out of business, soon to be bought by Time Warner (maybe), is my ISP. The other most likel;y one to use around here is a DSL (SBC/YAHOO) which I believe has unlimited newsgroups.
    SBC/Yahoo/ATT have shitty retention and completion rates. And max # of connections is like 3.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    DSL Extreme uses Super News, but not sure about the details. Yeah others told me that SBC/YAHOO/AT7T sucks (their customer service also sucked when I called and tried to get more info as well).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast