Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is it just me, or does Spore sound Amazing?

Spore looks like it will be a good game! The Idea is very nice! All they need to do is develope it! However that game seems to have a LOT of features and if the textures are to be GREAT i wonder what kind of computer will we need to play that game and how much hard Drive space!

2. Games   -   #12
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    The Radiant AI for Oblivion sounded and looked really good in the preview videos but in fact all it does is make people wander around talking about mudcrabs and trundle off to bed when it gets dark. The Sims, as Doris points out, "seemed pretty amazing" but turned out to be an advanced version of the Tamagotchi. Black and White is another game that was all hype but failed to deliver in full.

So, yeah, Spore does sound amazing. But then again, it is supposed to.
    the difference between this and oblivion is that you don't need spend three hours fucking about before somebody might do something unusual. you can mess around evolving animals to do crazy stuff when you want

3. Games   -   #13
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    The Radiant AI for Oblivion sounded and looked really good in the preview videos but in fact all it does is make people wander around talking about mudcrabs and trundle off to bed when it gets dark. The Sims, as Doris points out, "seemed pretty amazing" but turned out to be an advanced version of the Tamagotchi. Black and White is another game that was all hype but failed to deliver in full.

the difference between this and oblivion is that you don't need spend three hours fucking about before somebody might do something unusual. you can mess around evolving animals to do crazy stuff when you want
    That's kind of my point. The video preview for the Radiant AI is very much different to what is in the game. In the preview there was a woman who invites you into her house and starts fireballing her dog because its being too loud. I have never seen anything like this in the game. We were led to believe that a lot of this was unscripted, but this is obviously not true.

Spore can promise all it likes but until I see it working right in front of me with me in control then I refuse to be taken in by it. How do we know that some of the features promised for Spore won't be take out durig development like what has obviously happened to the AI in Oblivion.

I'm still looking forward to it, but I'm not going to drool over the promised features (like I did with Oblivion and got suckered ).
    Last edited by Cheese; 05-02-2006 at 12:52 PM.

4. Games   -   #14
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic

But doesn't evolution take hundreds of thousands of years
    It's hot in Topeka.

5. Games   -   #15
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisInsinuate
    But doesn't evolution take hundreds of thousands of years
    lawl. evolution is fiction, it can take as long as we want

6. Games   -   #16
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    lawl. evolution is fiction,
    Prove it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12