Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newgroup clients/programs

mikeco's Avatar Rossco's Manager
    anyone got a list of them? im using newsleecher but im kinda getting pissed off with it and want to try something else.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    I jumped from newsleecher to Newsbin Pro and loved it!
    Grabit is ok but mostly for NZB grabbing and not the best thing to browse and control the downloading I think....

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    jdoggvt
    what did you guys not like about newsleecher? I've used it, grabit and newsbin pro and have my own opinion, i'm just curious as to what you liked/didn't like about either one.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    geeky_girl
    I Use Newbin but the 4.3 version. Any version here the crack does not seem to work for me. I have used grabbit but perfer Newbin. I havent used anything other than that though.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    mikeco's Avatar Rossco's Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggvt
    what did you guys not like about newsleecher? I've used it, grabit and newsbin pro and have my own opinion, i'm just curious as to what you liked/didn't like about either one.
    i just dont like it as it downloads it all to 1 folder insted of like sorting it out to what the film is (im use to torrents) ya theres the option to sort it to which group u got it off but that pissed me off when some rar files were downloaded to a different folder and i had to move them.

wish there was a client which downloaded it to folders named after the nzb u put in.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeco
    wish there was a client which downloaded it to folders named after the nzb u put in.
    Newsbin Pro v5 can do that.
    It can also download to a folder named after the group it was posted to or one named after what's in the Album ID3 tag field for mp3s.
    It can add the subject to the beginning of filenames for all downloaded files or just those with fewer letters in its name than you specify.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    mwag
    Newsleecher has been doing this for me ever since I can remember! Here's the secret:

Open up the options window and make sure you're in the 'download' category. Do NOT check "put downloads into group folders" (unless that's where you really want them, of course). Rather, switch to the 'NZB Files' subsection in the options window, check the box for "Download .NZB to subfolder" and "Pretty-Up subfolder names."

Now all your downloads will go in your download folder but they will be in their own respective, properly named subfolder. check it out!

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i think grabit is the best program going coz its freee and i dont know whether u've heard of android newsgroup downloader but thats pretty awesome too

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Grabit does that .... one of the reasons I switched to it from xnews

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Newsleecher is by far the best usenet client software as it has all the features of the others and more. I've tried Newsbin Pro, Xnews, Grabit etc but none compare to Newsleecher.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast