Thread: How To Format?

Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper

Question Mark

right i havent got a floppy disk drive and i want to format my hard drive, can someone give me a simple step-by-step guide please? (google sucks for learning how to format)...oh and ive got windows xp pro. cheers

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Start up your PC with the CD in the drive. Boot from the CD (some computers require settings in the BIOS in order to boot from the CD ROM as the first device).

There are tools there to partition and format your drive(s) before the Windows setup starts.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    Yeh i have a SATA drive also but my windoews is on a seperate IDE drive and when i boot from the windows disk it goes stright to windows install, that repiar thing and quit setup...nothihng about partition/format. And also when i choose one of them options it says it cant detect a hard disk :s

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    If your Windows is already on the IDE drive and you only want to format the SATA drive then you can do so in Windows.

Turn off the PC, connect the drive and restart. Let the system bootup into Windows. Right click 'My Computer' and select Manage>Disk Management. Everything is there to Partition and Format your new drive.
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 05-02-2006 at 08:26 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    put in the disk after that u want to click on install windows xp then u press esc and it will go to a bit where u format. after that then install. thats how i do it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4eva
    put in the disk after that u want to click on install windows xp then u press esc and it will go to a bit where u format. after that then install. thats how i do it.
    If you want help or want to provide help then please use full words and punctuation. Thank you.