Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Essay/Bad Essay

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I'm in the home straight of my second year with just two essays to finish this week. The first essay is a critical commentary of my own work, I wrote a short play about a mental woman being visited my apparitions of her dead family. That essay should be easy to write, I'll just throw in a few references to Harold Pinter because I know my lecturer thinks Pinter is the wasp's tits.

The second essay, however, is a 2,500 word behemoth about Nietzsche and how he felt about tragedy. Even though my module is about Shakespeare I have taken the brave move of talking about Euripides and Sophocles because I know there will be more books about these two chaps left in the library than any on Bill Shakespeare. I have a feeling this essay will be made up with quotes, huge chunks of quotey goodness.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    If you use some of the ideas I gave you last night and try not to panic, you'll do just fine.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CrabGirl
    If you use some of the ideas I gave you last night and try not to panic, you'll do just fine.
    I'm not panicking, I'm just not looking forward to all the work the second essay is going to entail. I'm going to have to, like, go to the library and stuff.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I'm fascinated by Nietzsche, because of the references in Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda, because the Nietzschians are the self-proclaimed genetically engineered rulers of the galaxy, and their gangs have cool names, like Drago-Katsoff and Kodiac, and they have bony wrist spikes and are good at hand to hand fighting, etc.

When I say fascinated, I haven't actually done any research on the real Nietzsche, but I always thought that one day I would, because of this.

I'd quite like to read your essay when you've finished it. Good luck

5. Lounge   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I think I'd rather contract aids than read your essay when you're finished - but good luck with it, obviously.

Sounds like something a lecturer would like a student to do, btw, using a slightly different approach to talk about the same thing. After marking vast swathes of Shakespeare based appraisals, it might be a refreshing change for him.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Just remember to put when you have said a funny and when you are referencing something which makes you unhappy. Also use when you think Nietzsche was talking nonsense.

That, with a few pictures and maybe a graph and you will be fine.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I think I'd rather contract aids than read your essay when you're finished - but good luck with it, obviously.
    I didn't know you could contract it twice

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

8. Lounge   -   #8
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I didn't know you could contract it twice
    This would be his third time, he's already got double bad AiDs.
    It's hot in Topeka.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    Have a magenta cock.

I think b3ta is bad for me
    It's hot in Topeka.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast