Thread: FIFA World Cup 2006 - Germany - OFFICIAL!!!

I think England should play Joey Cole just behind a half fit, knackered Owen with an out of form tiring Beckham on the right, an inexperienced Downing on the left and a midfield pairing of Lampard and Gerrard that has never worked.
    Last edited by Peerzy; 05-04-2006 at 12:30 AM.

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I agree with playing Cole just behind hardly ever fit boy and would also put Beckham on the right, but I'd sit Carrick in behind Lampard - in a Mackelele role - and stick Gerrard out on the left.

I know it's sacrificing Gerrard a tad but, as you say, Lampard and Gerrard as the central two of a 4-4-2 formation hasn't ever worked and won't magically work now.

Actually, I'd go totally Chelsea (formation and players) and drop Beckham, play Cole on the left with Wright-Phillips on the right and play Carrick holding behind Gerrard and Lampard. Owen up front on his own but heavily supported by the wing men and the central midfield pairing.

Beckham will never be dropped, tho'
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    if beckham ever misses another penalty kick, he should never be allowed to play again.

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    if beckham ever misses another penalty kick, he should never be allowed to play again.
    Yeah, I'd totally ban him from the next couple of World Cups if he did.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Funny was just reading a story about Joe Cole saying he would step up to fill the shoes of Rooney . I love that kind of attitude but I don't know much about him .

Story : http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/st...ectID=10380254

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    I think you'll find he said "... he should never be allowed to play again." No mention of the cup de monde. Indeed no mention of international puntsphere.

“It’s not the will to win that counts - it is the will to prepare”

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    I think player's contracts should be handed out on the basis of penalty scoring ability. If they ever miss, their contract should be immediately ripped up.

If people can't hit an eight foot tall target from 12 yards they shouldn't be allowed to play football ever.
    It's hot in Topeka.

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisInsinuate
    I think player's contracts should be handed out on the basis of penalty scoring ability. If they ever miss, their contract should be immediately ripped up.

If people can't hit an eight foot tall target from 12 yards they shouldn't be allowed to play football ever.
    There should be snipers in the stands to shoot them in case they miss. Sudden death should mean sudden death.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromagepas
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese

I think you'll find he said "... he should never be allowed to play again." No mention of the cup de monde. Indeed no mention of international puntsphere.
    Exactly. :sage: