Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ScT invites

Vercors's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Just wondering, does anyone know when ScT invites will be available again?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    When they announce they are available again maybe?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I am not a n00b BT Rep: +4
    Can't see it being any time soon if ever.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Too many people sell/trade/barter for invites and accounts I think thats why they disabled them.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +5
    Thats also one the reasons why they should be back sooner or later. More trades equals more banning and disbled accounts. Invites are part of the whole dynamics of the system. Sooner or later they'll be available again.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by morphine View Post
    Thats also one the reasons why they should be back sooner or later. More trades equals more banning and disbled accounts. Invites are part of the whole dynamics of the system. Sooner or later they'll be available again.

Yes but if theres no trades going on, due to there being no invites to trade with...
    then wouldnt it just be all around easeir for everyone
    1.) you dont have to be worried about having a twitch in your finger from sending out invites to everyone?
    2.) staff dont have to go around checking and receiving reports about people inviting other people
    3.) You have that all around warm and gooy feeling like eating one of mamas freshly baked cookies knowing you have an account there.
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 01-14-2007 at 09:21 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Yes but if theres no trades going on, due to there being no invites to trade with...
    then wouldnt it just be all around easeir for everyone
    It would be easier but things arent as simple as that. You know as well as me that trackers arent and should never be completely 100 % closed. Ideally maybe, but not on practice. There's cheaters, leechers, all around bad users, that need to be expurgate.

Since this reclusive top trackers dont open sigups very often (if ever in most cases), the only way to keep a helthy userbase is through invites. And people dont trade invites only, they even trade accounts. Which is something i dont understand. If you have an account there, you dont need much else.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Agreed... Most ussually do open their signups at certain points. Due to the fact they only due it on rare occasions it ussually makes people value accounts there so I would think those users would try not to messup at all that much.

SCT isnt all that great a site. I am a member there but it may just be me I dont see what the fuss is all about. You can find the same files they have on just about any 0-day tracker... heck even bitsoup beats their pres lately.
    My site has often been a few minutes ahead of them on new movies for the most part but we dont believe in advertising our pres like some sites do.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Well, i dont have an acc there, but was counting on a promised (i know how this thing usually goes) invite when invites are enabled again. Although they're far from being at top of the sites i would like to get in, i'd sure like to know personally, if there's reason for all the hype surrounding it.

And your completely right, a lot of sites resembled themselves a lot. Similar layout, similar files, similar pre's. Very little to settle them apart. Thats why speciallized trackers are in more and more demand.

I have an acc in your site for some time now, which i havent used much btw (i'd like to have more bandwith to spread around), and one thing i can give you. It's different from most. I think thats a good thing.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Vercors's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    When they announce they are available again maybe?
    I'm not a member there so I wouldn't know..

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast