Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 54 Times

Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    Well in the past 3 hours I've been hit 54 times by the RIAA and everytime Peer Guardian has forcefully closed the connection.

*** Connection forcefully closed on: 208.252.239.27 - RIAA ***

By the way does anyone know what difference the aggression slide does at the bottom. The default setting is 90% but I've increased it to 100% as it doesn't seem to make any difference to my downloading.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Who Are The RIAA ?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Kid1A@28 April 2003 - 10:45
    Who Are The RIAA ?
    They would be the bad guys.

You are evidently not paranoid enough.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Lounge   -   #4
    The RIAA is the Recording Industry Association of America, you know the main organisation that is trying to close down peer2peer networks and prosecutes anybody it finds sharing copyrighted material.

Just do a search on google you'll find them.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    BROCKSTER's Avatar Poster
    everyone seems to record blocks of ips mines been running with kazaa for 3 days solid now and no blocks at all is something wrong with mine?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by BROCKSTER@28 April 2003 - 10:52
    everyone seems to record blocks of ips mines been running with kazaa for 3 days solid now and no blocks at all is something wrong with mine?
    Feeling left out, are we?

My blocks seem to come in waves. Coupla days- nada. Then bang!

Don't worry, you'll get yours.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Lounge   -   #7
    I've had it for ages but never use it, it's probably to late for me now, but I'll start to use it anyway.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by BROCKSTER@28 April 2003 - 17:52
    The latest version is 1.95 beta and you should be blocking about 3.1 billion addresses. If your not go here for the list:-

"The Avatar Man" - Finally A Truly Easy Way To Import

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Leech_Killer@28 April 2003 - 13:33
    *** Connection forcefully closed on: 208.252.239.27 - RIAA ***
    Waht is that URL? 208.252.239.27

Click here and see http://208.252.239.27/

Has something to do with XBOX. Is this a front for the RIAA?

---------------------------
    How secure is that software? Blocking the RIAA? Anyone can search a user's share folder. Then start downloading a file, just to obtain an ISP address.

I haven't shared an mp3 in a long time. At most I probably had 6 songs. Now deleted. Those were oddball songs like the LIMBO and the HOKEY POKEY. Ones you can't buy anywhere (needed them for a party one time).

I am too afraid to share anymore. I have Verizon, and the RIAA loves to look for P2P users with Verizon. The ISP for Verizon DSL subscriber is always the same. It is like a personal phone number or something. Like an ID saying "This is ME", catch me now.

Basically, I share files and programs that I have created myself. I also share files (public domain or shareware) that are impossible to find, like Microsoft's Internet explorer 6.0, full version upgrade at 60mb. Covers all versions of Microsoft. You can legally share files like those. I also share a few rare drivers for hardware devices, like VOODOO vga cards, logitech's hand scanner, etc. You know, obselete stuff. Stuff that you use to download for free, until the company went out of business.

--------

Is this wrong? I did download a few songs for my own enjoyment. Here's what I did. I was looking for a few music CDs in my attic, and couldn't find any of the ones I wanted. I know I have them, just couldn't find them. I figured it would be quicker and easier to download the songs I already have (and paid for, in the attic), than to actually find them. So I downloaded them and burned them to a disk. Now I can listen to my backup CDs in my car.

I have backup CDs in my car for 2 reasons. They get scratched up like hell in my car. And I don't want anybody to break into my car just for "nice store-bought CDS", (which happend to my buddy's car last year). Anytime a disk goes bad, I make another copy. I believe that this is legal.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Forum Star
    PeerGuadian also blocks a LOT of harmless IPs.

Some blocked IP ranges are taken way to wide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast