Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sharing Newsgroup ACCOUNTS?

i was wondering if anyone knew what other news hosting servers allow you to share your accouts with your friends?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Its frowned upon by all but many say they do it with Newshosting without any problems.
    If you decide to try thier service out you can use our refferal link at...
    http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    mikeco's Avatar Rossco's Manager
    newshosting all the way

sharing the 1 i use with 2 other people, just make sure u tell ur friends to only use 2 connects or something.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I was thinking of doing a "rotating" system with a couple of people for giganews. For example, you split the cost then just use the unlimited package for 10 out of 30 days of the month before passing it on to your friend.
    That's a great way to cut costs, especially if your hard drive would fill up with just 10 days of usage.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Double Agent
    damn u ppl with 10Mb connections....

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Double Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by crycoroni
    newshosting all the way

sharing the 1 i use with 2 other people, just make sure u tell ur friends to only use 2 connects or something.

actually newshosting only allows 1 ip at a time to be connected to their server, even if u gave ur friend 2 connections, u still have to wait until he's finished...

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by james_bond_rulez
    Quote Originally Posted by crycoroni
    newshosting all the way

actually newshosting only allows 1 ip at a time to be connected to their server, even if u gave ur friend 2 connections, u still have to wait until he's finished...
    That may be what they state as I mentioned above all servers that seem to frown upon it but some allow it.
    Many have stated sharing NewsHosting accounts without any issues...
    Last edited by RealitY; 04-15-2006 at 08:38 AM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Double Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Quote Originally Posted by james_bond_rulez

That may be what they state as I mentioned above all servers that I know of frown upon it but some allow it. Many have stated sharing NewsHosting without any issues...
    how come ur not on msn anymore dood?

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    can someone pm me about sharing an account? willing to split bill.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    I was thinking of doing it proxy style.
    I.E. find/buy a fast connection via a datacenter and split 1 giganews account among 10 people.
    That way you just connect via the server and can share 1 IP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast