After the long months of cold and winter, we will soon be coming up
to summer and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your
memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking as it's the only type
of cooking a real man will do, probably because there is an element of
When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are
put into motion:
1) The woman buys the food.
2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes
3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along
with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man
who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand
Here comes the important part:
4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He
thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the
7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins,
sauces and brings them to the table.
9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
And most important of all :
10) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off." And, upon
seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing
12) Man gets the football out the shed
13) Man breaks a window as he tries to replicate Gazza'z goal from
14) Man drinks remaining beer and falls asleep on a sun lounger
15) Man wakes at 2am finding everyone has gone home and Woman has
cleaned everything up There, I hope this will help you get the season off on the right