Thread: Seeding an already downloaded file(s)

If I've downloaded a file or files from another torrent site, or USENET, how can I seed it on another torrent site (I need u/l credits), without having to re-download from that site and then upload/seed ?

p.s. I am using Azureus & XP pro

Thanks in advance,
    -BassKozz

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    i don't if it works, but i tried already with the same tracker. You just need to-redownload in the same directory and i think it'll be ok.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Piyush Singh's Avatar ImPoster BT Rep: +1
    All u have to do is to make a torrent of the files/folders on ur HDD,with the tracker announce URL of the desired torrent site.Then u upload this torrent to the site.Redownload this torrent & seed it.U would find many articles about making a torrent & seeding it with Azureus,just google it....Read the tracker site FAQ also for a guide to uploading ur torrents there.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Piyush Singh
    All u have to do is to make a torrent of the files/folders on ur HDD,with the tracker announce URL of the desired torrent site.Then u upload this torrent to the site.Redownload this torrent & seed it.U would find many articles about making a torrent & seeding it with Azureus,just google it....Read the tracker site FAQ also for a guide to uploading ur torrents there.
    I am not trying to upload a NEW torrent file, but rather upload files that are selected in a torrent file...
    The problem is when I download files from usenet, and try and upload/seed them on a torrent site (where the torrent file is already there) sometimes the files are placed in folders, and I have to move the files around, there has to be an easier way.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    If ur download from usenet and from bittorrent is in same format (scene format), it should be no problem. I also do this often.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    hi.. i just discovered this cool way of helping out with my upload credits. However, most of the problem i encounter is that i need to force check because some files are missing. This usually happens when the torrent have lots of pieces.

I use utorrent by the way...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    yes, simply download the file from the site where you want to seed it to the same directory where it is already downloaded. then azureus will check if the pieces are the same, and after this it will start seeding it (also sometimes there are minor differencies, like a different nfo or similar, than it simply downloads the missing part usually a few kB-s and then start to seed.)

hope it helped.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Thanks for the help...

The only issue is sometimes when there are different folders added into the equation...
    i.e. a movie on 2 cd's get split into 2 folders (CD1 & CD2) so I have to create these folders and place the files in them... sorta a pain in the ass...

Oh well, it works.
    Thanks,
    -BassKozz