Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LASIK Eye Surgery

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    can u guys tell me how u know that this sloution is kinda temporery? as u said lasik havent been arround that long so how u can say that?
    Well, lasik hasn't been around that long, so how can you say it's not temporary?

Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    @Barbarossa
    the only reason am doing this is what uve been talking about on ur reply, eyesight.
    contact lenses... i dont like the removing and replacing part, they have many problems, they drop down, some times they move from thier spots and few more things, during the day i never remove my glasses except when i sleep.

and am 22years so am a lasik candidate.

more reply please.
    Well, it's true that contact lenses do not suit everybody. I need to wear glasses all the time, and chose to wear contacts at about the same age you are now. My eyes seemed to take to them easily, and I've never had any problems. The first ones I had, involved alot of cleaning and looking after, but now I've got daily disposables, it's so easy, you just put them in at the start of the day, then take them out at the end of the day and flush them down the sink.

Anyway, you seem to know more than me about LASIK, I would just say if you did go ahead with it, you're braver than me. Good luck!

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    I had Lasik done 2 years ago and havent had any problems.
    It was worth the money I spent!!!
    I was very nearsighted and I couldnt wear contacts because my eyes didnt water enough and they hurt to wear them and I hated glasses.

The only drawback I have, is now I am farsighted. If your nearsighted is very bad it will make you farsighted when you have lasik. The doctor told me I would have to wear reading glasses before I even had lasik done. But I would rather wear reading glasses for a short periode of the day then glasses all the time.

If you get lasik make sure you have plugs put in.
    What plug do is plug your tear duct so your eyes stay watered all the time. Then you dont have to worry about dry eyes and putting drops in all the time.

If you have anymore questions let me know.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick
    I had Lasik done 2 years ago and havent had any problems.
    It was worth the money I spent!!!
    I was very nearsighted and I couldnt wear contacts because my eyes didnt water enough and they hurt to wear them and I hated glasses.

The only drawback I have, is now I am farsighted. If your nearsighted is very bad it will make you farsighted when you have lasik. The doctor told me I would have to wear reading glasses before I even had lasik done. But I would rather wear reading glasses for a short periode of the day then glasses all the time.

If you get lasik make sure you have plugs put in.
    What plug do is plug your tear duct so your eyes stay watered all the time. Then you dont have to worry about dry eyes and putting drops in all the time.

If you have anymore questions let me know.
    You don't work in advertising by any chance do you?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Anyway, I'd be fascinated to hear how BawA gets on with it and whether there are any drawbacks experienced, or whether it all goes swimmingly and everything is perfect.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa

You don't work in advertising by any chance do you?
    hehehe No ...curious, why do you ask?

You know though, way back in my college days I did take a Journalism class for an easy A

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by nerval
    Anyway, I'd be fascinated to hear how BawA gets on with it and whether there are any drawbacks experienced, or whether it all goes swimmingly and everything is perfect.
    I'd guess things to do with eyesight going swimmingly would be a bit of a drawback

@hippychick, I only wondered because you glossed over the downside of your own experience... (See where I quoted you before, highlighted in red. If you didn't see that then..... ummm...... eye-test required?)

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17

@hippychick, I only wondered because you glossed over the downside of your own experience... (See where I quoted you before, highlighted in red. If you didn't see that then..... ummm...... eye-test required?)
    awe lol I get it now...no not a eye test...Just a blonde lol

There's alot involved in gettting your eyes done, dont get me wrong.
    I just didnt feel like typing it all in.
    The whole lasik process takes about 3 hours once your getting it done.(prep work)
    Its very uncomforable when they begin the lasik process. They put drops in your eyes to to deadin them, they have to streach your eye socket out with some tool and then when they begin you have to stare into a dot and they use a vacume to pull your eye out so they can cut your conrea and use the lasar.
    Your told you can not move your head or look away from the dot at any time.
    The lasar part only takes around 20 seconds per eye.
    Afterwards you have to wear dark shades when out in the sun for about 24 hours and you have to put antiboitic and saline drops in your eyes and sleep in goggles for 2 weeks so you wont rub your eyes in your sleep
    so your conrnea can heal.

No, it really doesnt bother me to wear reading glasses at all...most the time I dont wear them. I just hold things far enough away to read lol

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick

awe lol I get it now...no not a eye test...Just a blonde lol

There's alot involved in gettting your eyes done, dont get me wrong.
    I just didnt feel like typing it all in.
    The whole lasik process takes about 3 hours once your getting it done.(prep work)
    Its very uncomforable when they begin the lasik process. They put drops in your eyes to to deadin them, they have to streach your eye socket out with some tool and then when they begin you have to stare into a dot and they use a vacume to pull your eye out so they can cut your conrea and use the lasar.
    Your told you can not move your head or look away from the dot at any time.
    The lasar part only takes around 20 seconds per eye.
    Afterwards you have to wear dark shades when out in the sun for about 24 hours and you have to put antiboitic and saline drops in your eyes and sleep in goggles for 2 weeks so you wont rub your eyes in your sleep
    so your conrnea can heal.

No, it really doesnt bother me to wear reading glasses at all...most the time I dont wear them. I just hold things far enough away to read lol
    i think ur talking about old methods, doc said the entire prosses will take 30 mins including eye scan the accutal surgory will only take 1 min and i can continue in same day or other and there is no need for 2 weeks(which was needed in previous menthos(laser not lasik)).anyway am going for final consulation today and decide wther t go on no.
    ill make a list of what i need to know before i take any step forward and can u guys recommend me what to the doc.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    No, it was lasik surgery.
    But I'm sure after 2 years the methods and procedures have changed and doesnt take nearly as long as before.

Just make sure you get the plugs, they will keep your eyes watered and you cant tell there even in your eyes.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    guys am readin this site about lasik and its shows some horrible vision efficts after lasik .
    http://www.lasikdisaster.com

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast