Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bush is Spying on Millions of Americans !!!

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Bush vows to pursue spying on Americans...

http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/...032002287.html

and then he uses the terrorist excuse...

Surely this man should be impeached and removed from office?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard
    Surely?

Surely you can give reasons as to why impeachment is justifiable in a legal sense, as it is the only one that matters in a topic of this sort.

yo

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Surely?

Surely you can give reasons as to why impeachment is justifiable in a legal sense, as it is the only one that matters in a topic of this sort.
    joe scarborough on the subject 6mb wmv

Last edited by vidcc; 05-12-2006 at 08:08 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    You'd think he'd be too busy running the country and stuff.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Surely?

I will leave that for the jurists to explain after he has finally bankrupted the US.

I like his change of tactics though..sending troops to the Mexican border, that should divert the attention...

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    They impeached Clinton because of a BJ.
    and with a 29% approval rating (and it keeps going down) there are plenty of good reasons to impeach bush.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick
    They impeached Clinton because of a BJ.
    and with a 29% approval rating (and it keeps going down) there are plenty of good reasons to impeach bush.
    Clinton was impeached for perjuring himself to a grand jury.

The difference is so basic that to overlook it is stunning.

To overlook or ignore the difference over and over and over again is stunning cubed.

Bush, on the other hand, hasn't committed an impeachable offense until some investigatory body concludes he has, a la Clinton.

Pity that you feel low poll numbers alone constitute sufficient cause; were that true, we need not have suffered Jimmy Carter for a full term.

Mind, I am not defending Bush-not in the least; it is only that you are purely and simply wrong, on this point, anyway.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Clinton was impeached for perjuring himself to a grand jury.

The difference is so basic that to overlook it is stunning.

To overlook or ignore the difference over and over and over again is stunning cubed.

Bush, on the other hand, hasn't committed an impeachable offense until some investigatory body concludes he has, a la Clinton.

Pity that you feel low poll numbers alone constitute sufficient cause; were that true, we need not have suffered Jimmy Carter for a full term.

Mind, I am not defending Bush-not in the least; it is only that you are purely and simply wrong, on this point, anyway.
    I'm not saying I like Clinton or what he did was right.
    It just seems Clinton's crime was small compared to Bush's,
    with the phone tapping's and the phone companies going along with the invasion of people privacy in the name of defense against terrorism.
    If you want to tap someone phone then get a warrant.

And now with Bush seeing his approval ratings are at a all time low and the currant Illegal Immigrant demanding rights when they have none. He decides to send troop to the Mexico border to stop Illegal migrations onto American soil. Is this a new ploy to win back the American people?
    I wonder what Bush's friend Pres Fox thinks about this?

We need a Presidents like Washington in office.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Do you think that Bush would come out clean if there was an investigation?
    You must be aware of the outstandingly blatant flipping the bird that is being done by this administration in denying any attempt at investigations and republicans in congress by blocking any attempt to investigate...congress is not doing its job, and in fact I hear the republican strategy for the elections is to tell the voters "Don't vote for democrats because they want to bring back checks and balances....hold investigations (translation: act like we did)...except it would be bad if WE were investigated"
    The DoJ. dropped its investigation of the Domestic wiretap program after the NSA said their lawyers "lacked security clearance"....So a government secret agency is telling the DoJ that it can't investigate it.

Specter (oh what a shock), agreed to drop from his bill the requirement that the Bush administration seek a legal judgment on the program from a special court set up by FISA
    He compromised to allow the administration to retain an important legal defence by allowing the court, which holds its hearings in secret, to review the program only by hearing a challenge from a "plaintiff with legal standing"

Without the provision which was originally "demanded" by Sen. Specter, it is basically impossible for any plaintiff to ever challenge the legality of the NSA program. In very general terms, in order to have standing to bring such a suit, a plaintiff would have to prove that they have been specifically injured by the warrantless eavesdropping beyond the injuries of an average citizen. But the program is secret and there have been no investigations into it. As a result, nobody knows whose calls have been intercepted without warrants.

Therefore, any would-be plaintiff would be immediately trapped in the type of preposterous, bureaucratic Catch-22 in which American law specializes and which the Bush administration is eager to exploit — namely, since nobody knows whose conversations have been eavesdropped on, nobody could ever make the showing necessary to maintain such a lawsuit, and since the administration claims that all such information is highly classified, the evidence necessary to make that showing can never be obtained. Thus, in the absence of the provision in Sen. Specter's bill, the administration would be able, in virtually all circumstances, to block a ruling on the legality of the NSA eavesdropping program.
    I have to admit it is a fantastic play.

If Clinton was doing this and a democratic congress refused oversight I would be mad as hell, just as I am now.
    I don't want a partisan witch hunt like Clinton had to endure, I am not looking for "payback" . I want honest investigations, oversight and a return to the idea that we are a nation of laws and nobody is above the law.

Bush has nothing to worry about though as any investigation would vindicate him................right ?
    Last edited by vidcc; 05-16-2006 at 11:41 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast