Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Men's Magazines

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power
    y is it every time a man cares about what he wears, he's considered gay? are we supposed to wear w/e shit we have in our closet? straight men can't look at what's popular and add some more clothes to a closet dying for more clothes?

ladies, do u like a poorly dressed man? if you're at a party, would u fancy the nicely dressed, hair combed and neat guy or the guy with the hobo suit? womens' first impressions of men, especially women younger than 30, revolve around clothing, hair, overall appearance, confidence, smile, etc. what we wear is pretty important.

Crabgirl, if women can build their wardrobe based almost completely on emulating female models in magazines, do they have little faith in their own style too? or is it just because all men who care about how they look and what they wear are gay?
    Wow, you've missed the point by a brazillion miles.

Fashion sections in men's magazines are thirty page advert conglomerations. Clothing companies pay the magazine to print pics of models wearing their clothes - why would you take advice on what to wear from whoever pays a particular magazine the most money.

I don't think anyone really thinks that only gay men take pride in their appearance, but only an idiot would buy a shirt that he didn't like because he thought it was in fashion since it was in a magazine advert. I buy clothes fairly regularly but have never sought advice on what to buy. I look around the shops and buy what I think looks good.

Then again, I do have impeccable taste. Meh, ask one of your cool friends to go shopping with you so you don't end up buying camping gear.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins

do girls give a shit really? once you start talking to a girl, you'll be talking about your PC specs anyway, because clothes are suck
    :earl:

again

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    The only magazine I ever bought on a semi-regular basis was Loaded, but it wasn't for fashion tips.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I don't think I've ever read 'Stuff' but the other two have great big sections devoted to male fashion that non-gay readers skip thro' in order to get to the naked women and movie reviews toward the end.
    Then I'll have to defer to you, since the most I've seen from Maxim are the first couple pages with the letters and whichever photospread the guys decided to "accidentially" leave open in the break room.

I'm more of a Cosmo fan, but you knew that anyway, didn't you.

Although Vogue has some pretty artistically stunning adverts. I'm almost ashamed to admit I bought an issue entirely for a particularly clever one with a lion in it.

Last edited by MagicNakor; 05-23-2006 at 11:56 AM.
    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. Lounge   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Sure did.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Lounge   -   #26
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    Here's a link to get all three mag free for one year
    stuff, maxim and fhm
    http://www.fhm-magazine.net/

7. Lounge   -   #27
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick
    Here's a link to get all three mag free for one year
    stuff, maxim and fhm
    http://www.fhm-magazine.net/
    US only

Could you keep an eye out incase there is an offer to get FHM, Maxim and Stuff free in the UK? It would be most appreciated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123