Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: The Welfare State

Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripper
    OK I'll take that back then
    Cheers mate.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Busyman, I agree with you on this one point - A woman on welfare is not really suited to take care of a child. It's your method for taking care of the problem I can't take seriously. But, you know, never mind beating a dead horse and all.

As a side note, birth rates in the developed world are steadily declining, thus giving birth (no pun intended) to a number of problems, of which ass wipings are only one of many. You know, I'm glad this were left in the lounge....
    Last edited by ahctlucabbuS; 05-24-2006 at 08:57 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #63
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by ahctlucabbuS
    Busyman, I agree with you on this one point - A woman on welfare is not really suited to take care of a child. It's your method for taking care of the problem I can't take seriously. But, you know, never mind beating a dead horse and all.

As a side note, birth rates in the developed world are steadily declining, thus giving birth (no pun intended) to a number of problems, of which ass wipings are only one of many. You know, I'm glad this stayed in the lounge....
    I don't get what's wrong with the method? I mean you wrote alot but explained nothing. It's easy to write a well thought out post that many can cheer but where be de substance?

Regarding what's in bold, my method doesn't solve the problem. It's only a drop in the bucket in helping to solving the problem.

Ffs, you mention declining birth rates as a side note as if to say "oh man, we can't have welfare recipients being responsible."

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Welfare...we should just get rid of it.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

5. Lounge   -   #65
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    We don't need to raise the number of births.
    The side note were intended at this statement, and was more of a quick way to end the post as I couldn't be arsed to write at length in the middle of the night.

Of course welfare recipients should be responsible, they're not, however, taking control of their lives with a birth control shot up their arses. Can't you see the freedom and individual autonomy taken away by such measures?

My posts were largely opposing generalizations and degradation of marginalized groups based on the actions of the few. These topics tend to degrade into a downward comparison self esteem fest, in which the people making the more insidious claims often are not of a too high a status themselves - kicking people below themselves to feel more valuable. While of course failing to grasp the fact that there are far deeper money sinks out there which goes to causes of more questionable character, and the fact that all plight need not necessarily lie within the individual of such marginalized faith - often within the system which tend to favour people of specific stature. Of course if you believe people on the streets deserve to be there, failing to see the underlying causes (like mental illness for instance) they will serve as a self fulfilling prophecy of human waste. Heck, I'm not trying to be the messiah here, I just believe there are more humane ways to handle the issue, and that every person deserve some respect, and a welfare check (if nothing else) without beeing treated like some animal.

On a side note, I can't believe I wrote 'stayed' in my previous post.
    Last edited by ahctlucabbuS; 05-24-2006 at 09:19 AM. Reason: perfecting the english language, yeah.

6. Lounge   -   #66
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I'm at work, so this is going to have to be really short..

You can force women getting welfare onto birth control just as soon as you force men getting welfare onto birth control. It's an act that requires two. So, say, five years for the USA? Unlikely, but we may as well speculate.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3543478/

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. Lounge   -   #67
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    It's easy to write a well thought out post that many can cheer but where be de substance?
    A post can only be called excellent if it makes good, substantiated points and it is also well constructed. The reader doesn't have to agree with everythng that is said to recognise that a person has achieved this. There are some posts which deserve "good point", there are some which deserve "well written" there are a few which are "excellent".

The fact that you posted the above says more on your ability to understand, than it does about the quality of his excellent post. Your predictable quasi-"hood" bunkum is at best tedious and at worst offensive.

8. Lounge   -   #68
    We don't need to raise the number of births.
    The side note were intended at this statement, and was more of a quick way to end the post as I couldn't be arsed to write at length in the middle of the night.

Of course welfare recipients should be responsible, they're not, however, taking control of their lives with a birth control shot up their arses. Can't you see the freedom and individual autonomy taken away by such measures?

My posts were largely opposing generalizations and degradation of marginalized groups based on the actions of the few. These topics tend to degrade into a downward comparison self esteem fest, in which the people making the more insidious claims often are not of a too high a status themselves - kicking people below themselves to feel more valuable. While of course failing to grasp the fact that there are far deeper money sinks out there which goes to causes of more questionable character, and the fact that all plight need not necessarily lie within the individual of such marginalized faith - often within the system which tend to favour people of specific stature. Of course if you believe people on the streets deserve to be there, failing to see the underlying causes (like mental illness for instance) they will serve as a self fulfilling prophecy of human waste. Heck, I'm not trying to be the messiah here, I just believe there are more humane ways to handle the issue, and that every person deserve some respect, and a welfare check (if nothing else) without beeing treated like some animal.
    Mmk, then the above in bold isn't adressing anything that I've said. Cool.

Now how is it that government is taking control of a person's life merely due to a shot. What about the doling out of money?

A person certainly has the individual autonomy of getting a welfare check.

9. Lounge   -   #69
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor
    I'm at work, so this is going to have to be really short..

You can force women getting welfare onto birth control just as soon as you force men getting welfare onto birth control. It's an act that requires two. So, say, five years for the USA? Unlikely, but we may as well speculate.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3543478/

Men can't have babies. Women don't need to have sex to get pregnant.
    First things first.

Anything else?

No one yet has said anything as to how it would be wrong for women to take the shot.

10. Lounge   -   #70
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™

Mmk, then the above in bold isn't adressing anything that I've said. Cool.

Now how is it that government is taking control of a person's life merely due to a shot. What about the doling out of money?

A person certainly has the individual autonomy of getting a welfare check.
    Would the individual have anything to say in the matter? No, because money is power. You'd effectively get one class of people denied to take part of the most humane/natural activity - reproduction - simply because the people in power say so. If you read my posts, I believe that there are more to individual marginality than simply individual differences. If you don't want people to reproduce under marginalized conditions, you'd better make sure you provide for the lesser "classes" by raising their standard of living.

In the same vein, It's not too difficult to grasp that the groups in power have much to lose by granting marginalized groups the same means to success.

Keep in mind, I'm not advocating illegitimate welfare, but from a point of view that people on welfare generally have a valid reason, society obviously needs to provide effective means to solve those reasons if it are to oppose welfare checks to the needing.

What I'm hinting at, is how you look at the differences in society. Is it a, more or less conscious, attempt by people in power to secure their own stature - or is it the marginalized individual's failure to raise their living standard to the same level? With that question in mind, remember that the earth would not be able to support every human beeing with that same quality of life....

So, again with the large picture of things, I'm not simply commenting on your question of birth control shots per se. Such a proposal is too far out there to even be considered by any group in power, given the massive uprising it would have (I'd hope).

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast