• Just Warn

43 31.85%
  • Dont Care

11 8.15%
  • Moderate Them

11 8.15%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Should We Ban n00bs For Requseting Invites In This Section

Think the best way to go on this after some thought is a 5 day ban and if repeated a permanent ban.
    It could also be set if the user comes online there would be a message letting them know why...
    Last edited by RealitY; 05-30-2006 at 04:49 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    i'd very much be in favour of this. it would put the noobs off from joining and posting instantly. also, is there anything we can do about noobs sending pm's requesting invites right after joining. i suggested before making the invites section not viewable until the conditions have been met, then they wont see who has what invites. and they wont be able to nag them over and over for an invite.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    I voted yes.

The reason for this is that most noobs who post here have probably gone to the invite section, realised they can't post there and just thought "bugger this I'll post in the BitTorrent section".

Think about it. If they do that here would you trust them enough on a site you invite them to. I know I wouldn't.

The best things in life are worth waiting for! If they can't wait 30 days then they can sod off elsewhere.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn
    also, is there anything we can do about noobs sending pm's requesting invites right after joining. i suggested before making the invites section not viewable until the conditions have been met, then they wont see who has what invites. and they wont be able to nag them over and over for an invite.
    Ive suggested removing the ability for n00bs to use pm messages as its abused more than used it seems...

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    i've used and have not abused it.

Those who dont want to receive PM can choose to do so. Maybe an option to not receive PM from noobs should be created.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermiod
    Those who dont want to receive PM can choose to do so...
    Those that choose to receive PMs should not have to put up with strangers asking for something.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    zak2210's Avatar The One BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn
    i'd very much be in favour of this. it would put the noobs off from joining and posting instantly. also, is there anything we can do about noobs sending pm's requesting invites right after joining. i suggested before making the invites section not viewable until the conditions have been met, then they wont see who has what invites. and they wont be able to nag them over and over for an invite.

I agree there, but I think a ban is too harsh.

I would make it clear by putting that rule in the TITLE of the sticky and if they still post an invite request/trade suspend their account for 1 month.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Just warn them! Show them the Stiky thread because a lot of people tent to ignore them! Then if they do it again ban them.
    I don't see the reason of banning a n00b for a mistake that could just be moderated or at least be warned first.
    Sure it maybe annoying for the mods to moderated every n00b personally for such things but it won't hurt if you just warn them first!

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Just warn them,
    noobs do noob things cause they're noobs
    i'm sure sure Rozz can make an auto responder for this type of issue...

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Sissoko's Avatar "Witty Comment" BT Rep: +2
    If they do it once, warn them. If they do it twice, ban them.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast