• Just Warn

43 31.85%
  • Dont Care

11 8.15%
  • Moderate Them

11 8.15%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should We Ban n00bs For Requseting Invites In This Section

Even though the Stickies clearly say not to request Invites in this section it continues much to often.
    Maybe the solution is to take a on a more strict policy and change the Pin topic from

Do NOT Request BitTorrent Invites In This Section *READ FIRST*

To

Any n00bs Requesting Invites In This Section Will Be BANNED!!

Just wondering what members here thought of a straight ban for this.
    Currently looking for feedback on this and any other suggestions...

Thanks.
    Last edited by RealitY; 05-17-2006 at 06:13 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Kirkedir's Avatar Eagle Hunter BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I think we should so my vote is yes.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Well if there not going to read the first I doubt they would bother reading the second. I think they should get 1 warning if they do make an invite post, then if they do it again ban em.
    Customer: "I want to download the Internet. Do I need a bigger hard disk?"

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Master$hake
    Well if there not going to read the first I doubt they would bother reading the second. I think they should get 1 warning if they do make an invite post, then if they do it again ban em.
    That makes sence and is basically whats done now though the pm are often a waste. Its also a bit tedious constantly sending pm and dosent stop much . Maybe seeing other n00bs with BANNED under thier nick may be a stronger message. Maybe being more strict might be the only way to deal with it...
    Last edited by RealitY; 05-17-2006 at 07:05 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    justinius23's Avatar Poster
    as a noob myself, i make sure to read the stickies on any site i visit before doing anything. if these peopla can't be bothered to do that is there any hope for them?

if warnings don't seem to be changing anything, i suppose banning is the only way forward.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    rguinn's Avatar chemist
    any sensible forumgoer would at least scan thru the sticky topics before making an initial post. Here, you don't even need to do that. It clearly states in the title, "Do NOT Request BitTorrent Invites In This Section". bittorrent is all about patience, and one is held responsible for their actions on private sites. What are the chances that a person will be too lazy to read the rules yet still able to maintain good ratios?

ban 'em!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Yeah.the Less noobs the better.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Just warn.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Heh, I've added the option and voted to Moderate Them because I think it's viable and a little 'heavier' than a warning, which really doesn't do anything but notify them about the rules they couldn't be bothered to read.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez
    Yeah.the Less noobs the better.

I'm glad I joined such a welcoming site. The success of this poll says a lot. It's pretty normal for sites that have post limits before accessing a specific area to have some of those posts elsewhere. It's not that noobs can't read. It's that they're hoping someone will be generous and respond to their request before they have the 5 posts.

I am not suggesting that people get invites before they reach their quota. I understand the reason for this. But this is the first forum I've seen banning as a solution.
    I wonder how many of you belong to the private trackers and are used to restricting access to only those desired few. Why not make this a private invite only forum- then you really can have fewer noobs.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast