Thread: Encoding To Svcd Sticks For Fractions Of Seconds

I've encoded lord of the rings two towers cd1 of 3 to svcd with tmpgenc but what do i get, i get the film sticking for fractions of a second,
    I ran the mpeg that i produced though virtual dub 1.5.1 mpeg2 edition using the scan video stream for errors and virtual dub tells me
    0 frames masked(0 frames bad, 0 frames good but undecodable.

please help

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Very Large Member
    Just a thought but have you set PAL/NTSC correctly?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    no i dont think it that, i set it for pal as i'm in Australia, but it does the same on the computer, i thinks it may be my operating system(Winme), im going to wipe it and install winxp.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    honestly, i think people are better off just installing a video card with tv-out in their pc, and playing movies from the computer... rather than converting to VCD/SVCD. it just isn't worth the bother.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@30 April 2003 - 13:17
    honestly, i think people are better off just installing a video card with tv-out in their pc, and playing movies from the computer... rather than converting to VCD/SVCD. it just isn't worth the bother.
    I'll second that! Now if the would only make an s-video cable that is about 25 feet long so I can watch them in my main tv room.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by junkyardking@29 April 2003 - 12:40
    no i dont think it that, i set it for pal as i'm in Australia, but it does the same on the computer, i thinks it may be my operating system(Winme), im going to wipe it and install winxp.
    Did you encode the movie to same fps (PAL,NTSC) as the source cuz most players play both PAL and NTSC so you should encode the movie with TMPGEnc to the same fps as the source.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Originally posted by gumbydancin@30 April 2003 - 10:31
    I'll second that! Now if the would only make an s-video cable that is about 25 feet long so I can watch them in my main tv room. 
    have you considered buying a wireless video transmitter? it sounds like a good solution for you.

something like this-- http://www.smarthomepro.com/7654s.html

i think this one is RCA plug only, but there probably are models that have s-video. just using this as an example. B)