Thread: John Prescott

Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    John Prescott is the Deputy Prime Minister in the UK Parliament. Recently it came to light that he was having an affair. With someone who worked within one of the Departments he headed up. Effectively a member of staff.

As you can imagine the opposition parties made great play on this, particularly as the Labour Party had made such a big deal about getting rid of "sleaze". To have an affair, bad enough. With a member of staff, surely an abuse of power.

Shortly thereafter there was a Cabinet re-shuffle. Basically people who ran the various Departments were re-organized and some were given new jobs. Unsurprisingly all of Prescott's Departmental responsibilities were taken away from him. He became a normal MP, but still with the title Deputy Prime Minister.

Now, here's the good bit. MPs are paid a basic salary, plus additional amounts depending on what other job they may do. Guess what cut in salary Prescott took? Fuck all, not one jot. He gave away all the responsibilities and kept getting the same pay. Not bad work if you can get it.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    sign me up.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    For some convaluted reason that I switched off from before the newsreader got to the crux of, Blair can't actually sack him from being Deputy Prime Minister. Maybe because he was elected by his peers.

I think Blair hoped that by doing this (taking away any responsibility and leaving him with the hefty pay packet) he hoped that Prescott would resign out of shame.

But nope.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Ah,

Well done there Tony, managed to make a situation that couldn't really get any worse .... worse.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    he hoped that Prescott would resign out of shame.
    Shame? There's never been a more shameless lot than this government.
    They line their pockets, rape and pillage, and if caught out, Blair calls an "independent" inquiry run by one of his appointed cronies, who declares that Blair is right and it's all fine.

But then one can see why the woman was attracted to Prescott. He's over 60, morbidly obese with atrocious personal hygiene, chain smokes, boozes, hits members of the public, is loud-mouthed and abusive. Oh yes, and he's got power and money.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nerval
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    he hoped that Prescott would resign out of shame.
    He's over 60, morbidly obese with atrocious personal hygiene, chain smokes, boozes, hits members of the public, is loud-mouthed and abusive.
    That's the kind of man I want to be when I'm 60.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by nerval
    He's over 60, morbidly obese with atrocious personal hygiene, chain smokes, boozes, hits members of the public, is loud-mouthed and abusive.
    That's the kind of man I want to be when I'm 60.
    It's the kind of man you are just now, so why change.