Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Being redirected to btcar.com

I have some new bit of scumware on my computer that is redirecting me to a site called btcar.com. Anyone have any idea what it might be and how to get rid of it? Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    This one ? http://btcar.com/

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yep, that looks like it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    What antispyware are you running , never heard of that one . Browser hijack I'm guessing but easy to fix I'm sure .

Have you tryed an online scan , like Trend Micro or the like ? Giant or a similar antisptware has a option to revert back to default settings .

I'm thinking you have to tighting up your anti malware programs , sounds easy I know but I'm surprised that Ive never heard of that btcar. cookie or what ever you what to call it .

After some thought it would piss me off to have to suffer with the malware crap .

Hijackthis may be of some help . I'll be honest and admit I don't understand all the entries but still : http://www.hijackthis.de/
    Last edited by peat moss; 05-19-2006 at 05:37 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I have run Trend, which did find a lot of garbage but left this, also ad-aware and spybot. I have also noticed a lock.exe file popping on and off now and then. It's located in C:\program files\internet explorer. Is this a valid windowns file?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Funny just had a similar problem yesterday friend had 12 Trojans , Trend Micro found but could n't correct . Hijackthis helped but still had a browser hijack .

I D/L a Trojan remover it was a 30 day trial but fixed the problem after countless tries .

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download903.html
    Last edited by peat moss; 05-21-2006 at 01:19 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I'll give it a try peat. Still have something left on here that is being a pain.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I can't get to the site peat moss. Might not be the site, but whatever is on this computer. I have noticed that whenever I try to visit any site like Trend or Panda I either get re-directed or it simply will not load. I'll run hi-jack this and see what I can find and then try the site again.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Have a look at whats starting at start up , maybe post your hijackthis log here and someone will help .

Patience friend it took me all morning yesterday , to solve my friends puter it was a combination of things that helped me solve it . Good luck .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I'll post a hi-jact this log on a couple of minutes. I have looked at the log and didn't notice anything to get too upset about, but I might have missed something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast