Thread: Security on ISO

OK. I did something today that I have not done in many many many many years. Out of utter frustration with my MDF/MDS situation, I went out, and paid for digital media. It's true, but there was nothing I could do to stop myself.
    It was the game, Dreamfall.

(I had downloaded the torrent, and extracted it into 6 separate CD files. The first one was an MDF/MDS. The rest were bin/cue.

When I was ready to install it, the first cd, MDF/MDS files, was some weird filetype that I had never seen before in my entire life. This happens to me alot with torrents. Using bit torrent, I often download weird files that require me to obtain some unidentified flying software to play it.

As an MFD/MDS filem, the first CD of the game would not mount to my virtual drive.
    MagicISO failed miserably at trying to convert it. I had no idea what to do with it.
    I spent hours and hours and hours of research and troubleshooting trying to get this garbage to work. Nothing. I ended up running to different stores trying to find this wretched game, and finally purchased it for $42.79. And it was not plastic sealed. I complained that it was opened, but there was nothing I could do. It was the only bleeding Dreamfall in the tristate area.)

When I brought it home, I immediately converted all 6 CDs to ISO files.Then I installed the game using the ISOs. Years later, I finally attempted to play it, from Virtual CloneDrive, the www.securom.com site popped up saying I cannot play it from an ISO. I have to use the legitimate cd. I checked out Cure Rom to see if it would cure it, but the docmentation said that Cure Rom is worthless on games converted to ISO files.

Does anybody how I can get this game to overlook the SecuROM sos I can play it as an ISO?
    Last edited by cool skill; 05-20-2006 at 10:35 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    You'll need a crack but crack discussion isn't allowed here, neither is links to cracks.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yoga's Avatar \ ( ^ 0 ^ ) / BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    What virtual drive did you use?

Anyways, if you want it so much you should buy it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoga
    What virtual drive did you use?

Anyways, if you want it so much you should buy it.
    He did.

*.mdf & *.mds files are Alcohol clones. Alcohol's virtual drive should mount disc1. Having said that, I believe Daemon tools handles them as well.

Antiblaxx is a newest-securom workaround tool that I've heard some people have had success with.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008