Thread: Encripting my data

Hey guys is there any good ways of encrypting my data that I download from newsgroups? And is it worth it? I was looking at secure-tunnel.com Are they worth it??

thanks
    Last edited by ciscoguy24; 05-21-2006 at 12:50 AM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    visionaryone
    There really is no need to encyrpt data from Newsgroups as it is the safest way to grab stuff. However maybe im getting the wrong end of the stick, do you want to hide stuff from other people who may use your computer??

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by visionaryone
    There really is no need to encyrpt data from Newsgroups as it is the safest way to grab stuff. However maybe im getting the wrong end of the stick, do you want to hide stuff from other people who may use your computer??

nope don't want to hide anything. I just download alot from newsgroups (100+gigs a month) and I don't want my isp to get noisy. I use astraweb too. Do you think i am ok??

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Hehe... Just thought of my ISP that has a limit of 50GB traffic each month (didn't read the contract properly) and now I'm downloading about 300GB each month

I don't really think your ISP can do anything about it as long as you don't go over an agreed limit.

The day you upload 100GB+ to newsgroups, alot of unreleased stuff is the day to use proxy etc.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Some premium providers offer https and nttps access to newsgroups. This way your ISP can only get an idea of how much you downloaded but not what and where.

But I also think most ISP's don't give a damn what you download untill the RIAA or MPAA* comes knocking on their door. And even then they just ask you to stop doing what you're doing.

* highly unlikely since you're downloading from usenet.

hmm...asspie

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    visionaryone
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscoguy24

nope don't want to hide anything. I just download alot from newsgroups (100+gigs a month) and I don't want my isp to get noisy. I use astraweb too. Do you think i am ok??

I have never known anone to get in trouble grabbing stuff from Newsgroups. Me personally have been downloading over 2TB a month ever since my upgrade to ADSL2 and before that was doing about 240GB a month on a 1mb line. I have never had a warning regarding too much downloads or got a copyright notice + my conection is going 24/7. Newsgroups are safe, believe me.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscoguy24

I have never known anone to get in trouble grabbing stuff from Newsgroups. Me personally have been downloading over 2TB a month ever since my upgrade to ADSL2 and before that was doing about 240GB a month on a 1mb line. I have never had a warning regarding too much downloads or got a copyright notice + my conection is going 24/7. Newsgroups are safe, believe me.

ok great thanks guys