Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Banned for trading invites...

Compare usernames, emails, etc...

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    alot of those sites tell u in their faq/rules NOT to trade invites on public forums.
    this is indeed, a public forum.

its not filesharings responsibility to stop u doing this, its yours. if u dont want banned, respect that sites rules and dont share invites in public forums.

as for there being an "i.p leakage" here on fst, thats just nonsense. the sites that dont want u sharing on public forums, check the public forums. they know most of the main ones, and probably just do a forum search in the invites sections for "sitename" and "invite" being in the same post. alot of ppl put their email in these posts, and thats how it gets traced to them, and gets them banned. of they use the same username here on fst as on the private torrent site. or they might find out who the person who got invited was, and they can see from that who invited them.

theres many ways for them to find out ur doing this, and who u r. blaming it on an i.p leakage from these forums is just stupid.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    saif_amr's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn
    as for there being an "i.p leakage" here on fst, thats just nonsense. the sites that dont want u sharing on public forums, check the public forums. they know most of the main ones, and probably just do a forum search in the invites sections for "sitename" and "invite" being in the same post. alot of ppl put their email in these posts, and thats how it gets traced to them, and gets them banned. of they use the same username here on fst as on the private torrent site. or they might find out who the person who got invited was, and they can see from that who invited them.

theres many ways for them to find out ur doing this, and who u r. blaming it on an i.p leakage from these forums is just stupid.

1st thanx for the insult

I’m not going to argue with you as my Eng. will not help me but I will tell facts that can explain my
    nonsense
    1- I have been requested Bme invitation here with no reply at this time I’m able to check the site from my IP

2- Another offer here and I received many PM and I picked the 1st one responded

3- I never post my email in public and my name is not registered on this tracker

4-the only one who knew my email is the one who invited me and I never revealed his name on or out this site, after sign up I checked this guy account and he is just normal user class member

5-after I got my invitation I am not able to view site any more or register from my IP, I switched my router off for an hour and I have another IP but also panned so they panning the IP range before my registration

So I think it will be stupid if I don’t think about an IP leakage

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    They often ban entire IP ranges. This is not because of 'IP leakage' or anything like that. They aren't going to ban you before you register just because you asked for an invite.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Kirkedir's Avatar Eagle Hunter BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by saif_amr

5-after I got my invitation I am not able to view site any more or register from my IP, I switched my router off for an hour and I have another IP but also panned so they panning the IP range before my registration

So I think it will be stupid if I don’t think about an IP leakage
    Clean up all the cokies , get another ip and try again.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkedir

Clean up all the cokies , get another ip and try again.
    Is there any way to get a new IP without switching my ISP as I have a fixed IP address. cuz I couldn't be arsed doing that.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    actually bitme doest ban u because trading invites on forum, i know that for sure, ive checked their FAQ. so maybe, as illikechickin pointed it out, saif_amr u r in a banned range.

to sear: try to use proxy, though it didnt worked for me, cos checkin my ip it was shown as the proxy's by various checkin sites on the internet, but bitme could see my original IP. . (it could have been my fault, im not an expert in this.) maybe x264 cannot see it, u can try it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    This debate does depend on what you mean by trading invites !
    If you mean selling them then all trackers will tan your hide.
    If you mean doing swaps then this is a grey area.
    I belong to many sites where as long as you know the person you are swapping invites with then there is no problem.

Sites do ban ip ranges as many people use a dynamic ip so ranges are banned to stop ppl coming back once they have cleared their cookies :-/

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    rguinn's Avatar chemist
    one really has to take precautions on a site by site basis. ironically, I got my oink invite from a stranger. then again, it was in the oink invites irc channel.

I can't imagine there being anything wrong with trading invites if each person has checked the ratios of the other and found them acceptable..

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry1331
    to sear: try to use proxy, though it didnt worked for me, cos checkin my ip it was shown as the proxy's by various checkin sites on the internet, but bitme could see my original IP. . (it could have been my fault, im not an expert in this.) maybe x264 cannot see it, u can try it.
    Yah I tried that but only got as far as the log in page thanks anyway does anyone know of another way...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast