Thread: bitmetv.org is down?

tetrakis's Avatar Nucleophile BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    when i go to bitmetv.org i just get a forbidden page. Does anyone else get this right now? If it's only me, i wonder if i got banned or something...would be pretty strange as I just signed up and haven't even d/led anything yet.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    FreeDoom's Avatar Obsessed By Cruelty
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrakis View Post
    when i go to bitmetv.org i just get a forbidden page. Does anyone else get this right now? If it's only me, i wonder if i got banned or something...would be pretty strange as I just signed up and haven't even d/led anything yet.
    It was a bit slow a while ago but fine now.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i'm still getting a page that just says forbidden on it...screenshot below. wtf? am i in trouble with them or something?

[IMG][/IMG]

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    i'm still getting a page that just says forbidden on it...screenshot below. wtf? am i in trouble with them or something?

[IMG][/IMG]
    Hmmm it seems so
    You said you didn't downloaded anything, how long were you inactive?
    The user that gave you the invite, talk with him. Ask him if he has any problem.
    If he has the same problem, most probably your account has been disabled...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I need to login to find the user that invited me...i don't remember off hand.

I only joined about a week ago, and I haven't d/led anything yet. I've logged in a few times to check out the site and such, though. Oh well, i'm not that broken up over it...i have plenty of sites i can go to for my tv needs....it's just weird though, i haven't had this happen before.

do you happen to know their Irc channel info? Maybe i'll have a chat with their admins.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    There's a chance they banned an ip range also and you get caught in that...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    duynghia's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    do you happen to know their Irc channel info? Maybe i'll have a chat with their admins.

IRC server: irc.bitmetv.org (or irc.bitme.org), don't forget irc. prefix
    IRC channel: #bitmetv

I'm sure that you're also banned from IRC server too
    and you're from Western, aren't you?
    If you still need to talk with their admins, try to fake your IP with VPN/Socks servers
    Good luck
    Last edited by duynghia; 08-07-2006 at 03:54 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    well, i found out my account got disabled somehow. I tried to log in from home instead of work and it said as much. Better than banned I guess, so it must have been 1 week of inactivity? It's the only thing i can think of. I didn't d/l or u/l anything so it can't be anything related to ratio issues. 1 week is pretty damn strict, however...dont' you think?

I've tried getting on the irc, but they won't voice me in the bitmetv.help channel. I'm not going to fake my ip or anything like that just to find out why i get kicked out, i don't care that much. If it's that good of a site, i'll get back in eventually. It's not the only tv torrent site in the sea!

however, i still have my bitme.org account...go figure?
    Last edited by tetrakis; 08-07-2006 at 10:55 PM.