Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Works for me

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    A homeowners association in the Washington, D.C. suburbs was having a terrible problem with litter near some of the association's homes. The reason was that six very large, luxurious new houses were being built right next to their community.

The trash was coming from the Mexican laborers working at the construction sites and included bags from McDonalds, Burger King, and 7-11 and included coffee cups, napkins, cigarette butts, coke cans, empty bottles, etc.

They went to see the site supervisor and even the general contractor, politely urging them to get their workers not to litter the neighborhood, to no avail. They called the city, county, and police and got no help from them either.

So here's what the community did. They organized about twenty folks, named themselves The "Inner Neighborhood Services" group, and arranged to go out at lunch time and "police" the trash themselves. It is what they did while picking up the trash that is so hilarious.

They bought navy blue baseball caps and had the initials "INS" embroidered in gold on the caps. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what they hoped people might mistakenly think the letters really stood for.

After the Inner Neightborhood Services group's first lunchtime pickup detail, with all of them wearing their caps and some carrying cameras, 46 out of the total of 68 construction workers did not show up for work the next morning and haven't come back yet.

It has been ten days now. The General Contractor is madder than hell but can't say anything publicly because he could be busted for hiring illegal aliens.

The homeowners association can't be accused of impersonating federal personnel because they have the official name of the group recorded in their association minutes along with a notation about the vote to approve formation of the new subcommittee. And besides, they informed the INS in advance of their plans who basically said, "Have at it"!

Gee, it almost seems...unfair, doesn't it?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Funny stuff, j2.

This is quite clearly a fabrication aimed at tugging at any latent stereotypical ideas people have about Mexican workers in the US.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Funny stuff, j2.

This is quite clearly a fabrication aimed at tugging at any latent stereotypical ideas people have about Mexican workers in the US.
    I'm sure Busyman will speak to the record for accuracy.

Do you think it cruel if true?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Funny chain e.mail.... I got one similar a few months ago, true or not I like the thought behind it.

if you google the first paragraph it produces some odd results

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

the second site for example

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i think it's funny in that it fucked over the republican

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    A homeowners association in the Washington, D.C. suburbs was having a terrible problem with litter near some of the association's homes. The reason was that six very large, luxurious new houses were being built right next to their community.

The trash was coming from the Mexican laborers working at the construction sites and included bags from McDonalds, Burger King, and 7-11 and included coffee cups, napkins, cigarette butts, coke cans, empty bottles, etc.

They went to see the site supervisor and even the general contractor, politely urging them to get their workers not to litter the neighborhood, to no avail. They called the city, county, and police and got no help from them either.

So here's what the community did. They organized about twenty folks, named themselves The "Inner Neighborhood Services" group, and arranged to go out at lunch time and "police" the trash themselves. It is what they did while picking up the trash that is so hilarious.

They bought navy blue baseball caps and had the initials "INS" embroidered in gold on the caps. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what they hoped people might mistakenly think the letters really stood for.

After the Inner Neightborhood Services group's first lunchtime pickup detail, with all of them wearing their caps and some carrying cameras, 46 out of the total of 68 construction workers did not show up for work the next morning and haven't come back yet.

It has been ten days now. The General Contractor is madder than hell but can't say anything publicly because he could be busted for hiring illegal aliens.

The homeowners association can't be accused of impersonating federal personnel because they have the official name of the group recorded in their association minutes along with a notation about the vote to approve formation of the new subcommittee. And besides, they informed the INS in advance of their plans who basically said, "Have at it"!

Great news, j2. The HOA is probably near me. We've got houses going up like crazy 'round here.

Maybe the illegal immigrants will GTFO of the country. Fat chance.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Great news, j2. The HOA is probably near me. We've got houses going up like crazy 'round here.

Maybe the illegal immigrants will GTFO of the country. Fat chance.
    I think manker believes I missed this being a fabrication; perhaps you ought to disavow it for safety's sake?

I originally intended to post it in Funny Stuff, but mistakenly began to post it here before I decided it was an entirely reasonable concoction, and, since I couldn't help but see it's aptness, let it remain.

I'd never have guessed vid and manker would swap roles, however.

Hats off to vid, BTW.

Funny, too, that I found it in my inbox after another enlightening visit to Chicago-some things happening in my in-law's soon-to-be-vacated neighborhood that push the term tragi-comic to bizarre extremes.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by j2
    I originally intended to post it in Funny Stuff, but mistakenly began to post it here before I decided it was an entirely reasonable concoction, and, since I couldn't help but see it's aptness, let it remain.
    Yeah, that seems reasonable. I do stuff like that all of the time. Twice or thrice a day.

As to my complete mis-apprehension that this crap could have hoodwinked you, I don't know what could have given me this idea.

Sincerely yours

-- Ava Estelle
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by j2
    Yeah, that seems reasonable. I do stuff like that all of the time. Twice or thrice a day.

As to my complete mis-apprehension that this crap could have hoodwinked you, I don't know what could have given me this idea.

Sincerely yours

-- Ava Estelle
    There was a time when you wore a sign upon your back...

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Oh noes!!

What can I write. Sarcasm biting like little tiny barbs in already raw flesh plus a reference to a thread in which I made a complete arse of myself.

How about a vague, non-commital sentence with a smiley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast