Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Xmen The Last Stand

ch@nce's Avatar Poster

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jaz84
    I saw it tonight, I thought it was entertaining, but it also rang hollow.

The writers built up a lot of potentially interesting situations which they never bothered to realize, or which they did realize, but, with dull resolutions. The whole Ice/Fireman conflict had one of the most anti-climactic duels I've ever seen. Oh, and where the heck was Rogue? She had, atmost, 5 minutes of on screen dialogue, which also lead to a love trianle not being a love triangle at all. This movie needed atleast 30, or 40 minutes more, or they could have dropped the more useless plot devices/subplots.

X3 suffers from what I like to call "Transformers The Movie Syndrom". Basically, it feels like an excuse to kill of old characters, and make room for the shinny new ones. I'm glad Cyclops is gone, since he has'nt been doing much since x1, but then they had to go and kill/cure characters that did'nt need to be killed/cured.

Though, the kick ass fight scenes, Kelsey Grammar, and Juggernauts ridiculously great one liner did manage to save the day. Also, I think Kitty Prydes character was pretty cool, I hope she becomes bigger role in the next installment(assuming there is one). Oh well, better luck on the next one.

Edit: Did anyone else think the opening scene was great? The one with Magneto, Prof X, and Jean.

Yes i liked the opening scene with magneto, xavier and jean that was cool.

Inregrads to where Rogue was....she went and got the cure thats why she was excused from the fights and everything else. That little conflict between Iceman and Fireman wasn't all that, i thought it would have been more than just a headbut.

I didn't really like the mere fact that it was only those 5 that went to save the day.....what about all the other mutants in Xavier's school? is it that none of them as reach levl/class 3? is it that they are unable to use there powers to save the day or something. This movie left alot of open questions.

At the end you saw where the cure actually works temporarily, cause magneto was getting back is power when he moved the chess thingy.
    Accept nothing without Examination
    Reject nothing without Consideration.

2. Movies & TV   -   #42
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ch@nce
    At the end you saw where the cure actually works temporarily, cause magneto was getting back is power when he moved the chess thingy.
    he's trying to move the chess piece. i never saw him move anything...

edit: lol, took me like 5 times watching the ending. saw it move... barely.
    Last edited by mr. nails; 06-08-2006 at 06:33 PM.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

3. Movies & TV   -   #43
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by ch@nce
    magneto cannot kill wolverine.....he can through wolverine around but he can't manipulate the adamantium in him.
    He did it in the comic. Wolvy's healing factor saved him.

Charles ends up going nuts and fucks Magneto up. I won't say more 'cause there's a whole other saga to the Xmen.

Onslaught
    Franklin Richards

I wish they'd do the Age Of Apocalypse but that could only happen after everyone is reeeeally used to the Xmen.

4. Movies & TV   -   #44
    The best film

5. Movies & TV   -   #45
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    it rocked my boat, best of all 3.

6. Movies & TV   -   #46
    Fing bloody terrible movie. Juggernaut was NOT a mutant so the leech's powers should never have worked on him. Badly editied. Was daylight when magneto started to move the bridge, then was pitch dark when he finished !!
    Failed to mention that juggernaunt a xavier where actually brothers. Really felt let down, and wished i wanted for it to appear on DVD !!!

7. Movies & TV   -   #47
    dom6's Avatar Member
    i dont think there will be any sequel

8. Movies & TV   -   #48
    Ballira's Avatar I'm my own demons
    Quote Originally Posted by ej595
    Fing bloody terrible movie. Juggernaut was NOT a mutant so the leech's powers should never have worked on him. Badly editied. Was daylight when magneto started to move the bridge, then was pitch dark when he finished !!
    Failed to mention that juggernaunt a xavier where actually brothers. Really felt let down, and wished i wanted for it to appear on DVD !!!

I know. They failed a lot of things. Like Phoenix. The Phoenix was an entity entirely it's own with Jean at it's heart, not the other way around. It engulfed entire worlds!! Here it was just an alter ego. And when the 'phoenix' took over, Jean looked possessed by SATAN!!! *shakes head*

Also, anyone notice how Henry McCoy looked like refugee from Planet of the Apes? That was bad too.

Why was Logan being lead around by the nose the entire time, though? It was disappointing.

The beginning scene where you see Warren as a child SAWING OFF HIS WINGS was unnecessary. It only adds to a gross factor that should be left to the movie ‘Hostile’.

Last thing I'll rant about is how they gave Halle Berry the leading role for the film. I'm sorry to say it, but she sucked in Catwoman and she sucks as Storm. In her homeland, Ororo was worshiped as a goddess and, thus, held that same air. The actress seems to try to make her the 'sexy good-girl' too much. Why did they insist on keeping her? ;_; She ruined Storm!!! *cries*

The only good scene out of the entire third movie was watching Logan walk away to the X-Jet in that nice tight leather outfit. So lickable...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345