Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A disclaimer

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Although this isn't exactly the proper section for it apparently few members venture anywhere else so.......
    I just want to publicly give a disclaimer that while I don't entirely see the harm I'm also not in total agreement with posting reviews of sites that would prefer not to be thus exposed.

I mean you can argue the fact that it allows people the opportunity to then decide what sites they might in the future like to be members of,but honestly what point is there to "target" something that collectively we have little or no chance to ever be a part of .
    The only thing that I see coming out of it is a lot of sour grapes and wasted time.Not something I think this ,or any , site needs to purposely propagate.

Btw this isn't a reaction that anyone ,anywhere said to me . I ,as stated , just don't believe it is the healthiest thing for people to concern themselves with.

PS if anyone bt staff or otherwise think this is a attempt to" suck up" they may respectfully go fuck themselves.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I think this is a positive message IdolEyes787....

As many people know trackers seem to be declining, many have gone down for various reasons.. It should be everyone's concern to take care of the existing trackers that remain. Places like this have long argued that people have they right to know all about each trackers and that if tracker staff didn't like it they could take a hike! and the site was deemed l33tist, and therefor the subject of vicious verbal and personal attacks..
    the problem with that mentality these days is that the authorities use sites like these and other tracker review/info update sites against us.. and as a result trackers are disappearing.. but, there are other issues that can be involved also.. but, still ..
    I think that if people want to continue using trackers, they may do better with at least not bringing attention to our community.. trackers come and go, TRUE... but, these days more are going than coming.. Think about that..
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I agree. Seriously if you get banned from a site that wishes to remain secret, do us all a favour and take it like a man, don't respond in such a childish way. That simply validates their idea to ban you in the first place.

All these reviews do is create a bunch of hype over trackers that don't deserve said hype or want nothing to do with it. Ditto with the WTAW thread. When you realize that a tracker is better based on its content and members, not on how hard it is to join, I think you'll find torrenting much more fulfilling

Edit: With that said I feel that tracker staff should be making their own minimalistic reviews of their sites to at least disspell the hype and rumours, since I think one of the problem with the so called "high level trackers" is that people try to join them while knowing nothing about them. However, that should be their decision, not yours.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 02-01-2010 at 04:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    hagckz0r's Avatar Dreams Come True BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    snap.
    I'll reply you like no one else

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I'm on the fence about this. I do agree that these reviews can lead to the over hyping of some trackers, but FST was built on freedom to share information about all types of filesharing and sites. To censor information because a site wants you to, why not go all the way and get rid of the trading seciton as well? Trackers dont want that here, and it also leads to many 'sour grapes' as well, dont you think?

Take the good with the bad IMO, leave things as they are.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Personally I think that new type of idea they were working on implementing over a year ago was a step in the right direction.
    Forget what it was called.
    It has the sites acronyms, users, pretimes etc.. all listed.
    (Although most of the info was incorrect for alot of sites.)
    It was a good idea. Maybe they could take it a step farther and maybe list the type of files the sites get too.
    For instance you see X site has good pretimes but you only download HD files. You wouldn't exactly go looking for a waffles account whatever their lvl is because its music.
    (Would make alot more sense listing by content and not by what the invites are worth to traders.)

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Another disclaimer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    , why not go all the way and get rid of the trading seciton as well? Trackers dont want that here, and it also leads to many 'sour grapes' as well, dont you think?
    Fine by me and since you apparently think I have the power I'll also get rid of all stupidity and pettiness and end world hunger too while I'm at .

@ MM I thought that was a step in the right direction as well . I also believe ( although I could be wrong)lthat it was Detale's idea.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 02-01-2010 at 05:07 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I was simply pointing out that if you start censoring, where do you draw the line? If you start bending to trackers wishes where do you draw that line?
    Yes, it was an absurd suggestion, and was ment to be taken as sarcasm, but I guess you missed that...

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwner101 View Post
    Personally I think that new type of idea they were working on implementing over a year ago was a step in the right direction.
    Forget what it was called.
    It has the sites acronyms, users, pretimes etc.. all listed.
    (Although most of the info was incorrect for alot of sites.)
    It was a good idea. Maybe they could take it a step farther and maybe list the type of files the sites get too.
    For instance you see X site has good pretimes but you only download HD files. You wouldn't exactly go looking for a waffles account whatever their lvl is because its music.
    (Would make alot more sense listing by content and not by what the invites are worth to traders.)
    Isn't it this what you are referring to?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    But then people would realize that the best trackers are actually places like Torrents.ru and the traders would go out of business
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast