Thread: news.blueyonder.co.uk

I have read somewhere that Blueyonder provides a free Newsgroup service for their 10Mb line customers.

Currently I have been using Newshosting and find it great... But I have some financial worries at the moment and would like to cancel it.

Where can I get more information about Blueyonder Newsgroup?

Will they have issue in regards to the amount of download usage. I don't want to exceed their limits.

Thanks in advance

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Configure your usenet software to connect to news.blueyonder.co.uk
    You don't need to use a username and password to download. I can't remember whether you need to use them for uploading though.
    LINK
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Thanks for the help

what is the retention like?

Should I presume that everything is exactly the same as NewsHosting, apart from the retention...

How many Connections (bots) do they allow? Newshosting allow 8.

Will I still be able to max out my connection?

thanks again

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    They carry a lot of groups for an ISP, although nowhere near the number that premuim services such as NewsHosting do.

Retention is only about 3-4 days but completion had been excellent for the many years I had used their service. What's better is that there's no cap so you can just leave your usenet software running.

I imagine you'll likely max it out for most of the time - especially with a multiconnecting program such as NewsBin Pro.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Double Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by akhlaq768
    Currently I have been using Newshosting and find it great... But I have some financial worries at the moment and would like to cancel it.

you are breaking the natural balance of the p2p world...

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Yeah if i were you i would stick to a premium service.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans