Thread: which has more files+problem connecting....

which one has more files(especially movies), torrents or eMule/eDonkey......

I tried installing eMule & eDonkey, I can't download anything, I can search for files, but it doesn't download, after leaving it all night long, it became 0.1% if I remember correctly(last time I tried was 2 months ago, so I might be wrong here).....if there is no solution, I can use uTorrent as I have no problem with it, I just can't find old movies, & if I find any, there aren't any seeders
    & if you're asking, yes I did forward the ports on my firewall

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    On very few cases the trouble is with ISPs blocking ports or protocols. Try changing the default ports to some other number.

Check if you are downloading a file with a lot of sources, some scripts dont download the file if they cant see any complete sources.

Remember to look for files on index sites like fucktheinter.net and sharevirus.com

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    no use, & i'm sure the files I look for can have more sources, Kazaa & Morpheus don't work for me too, only BearShare & Ares, BearShare is good, but doesn't always have what you look for...
    anyway, does it really have more files than using torrents, if not, I won't bother

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Kirkedir's Avatar Eagle Hunter BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveAustinTX
    no use, & i'm sure the files I look for can have more sources, Kazaa & Morpheus don't work for me too, only BearShare & Ares, BearShare is good, but doesn't always have what you look for...
    anyway, does it really have more files than using torrents, if not, I won't bother
    Ofcourse emule has more files tham bt.
    Better to d/l when you see on bt due seeders keep seeding not for a long time. BT is better than emule with speed but you cant find everytime what are you looking for. You can find everything/anytime.

If you wanna get best performans from emule you should check following;

Open your ports from your modem tcp : 4662 and udp : 4672
    Give permittion from your firewall to emule.If u use xp sp2 give permittion to emule.Try to download minumum 10 files in a time.
    Try to upload as much as you can in order to get credits.
    When your files completes add new ones.