Thread: Something odd or just me??

This is probably related to my other thread at https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t1184...btcar.com.html
    but I noticed something odd. In the temp internet folder are four folders and a dat file and a files named desktop configuration settings. The four folders are named 69U9MRI7, 281IH2G1, WP8T45GV, and ZE6XAEO7 and each of these folders had a file named desktop configuration settings. I really do not recall these being there and wonder if I should delete them? When I attempt to delete them I get the message that they are system files. Are they?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Are they in your prefetch folder ? Hey call me adventurous but I'd delete them as there not on my system .

Use to fight with an old DOS head at work about temp files . I figured fuck em I'll delete them , if windows needs them it will put them back . Has served me well .

I'm sorry , not trying to be funny I just read your other post and it must be frustrating . If you turn of System Restore , clean your temp file with oh mabye Crapcleaner then what does it say ?

http://www.ccleaner.com/

You are using Xp tho not Win98 ?
    Last edited by peat moss; 06-03-2006 at 02:42 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    It is the cache for IE.

Leave it alone, or use "clear cache" to empty the contents.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I'm more than a bit adventurous myself but think I'll try the clear cache. Thanks everyone