Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Thread: Something odd or just me??

This is probably related to my other thread at
    but I noticed something odd. In the temp internet folder are four folders and a dat file and a files named desktop configuration settings. The four folders are named 69U9MRI7, 281IH2G1, WP8T45GV, and ZE6XAEO7 and each of these folders had a file named desktop configuration settings. I really do not recall these being there and wonder if I should delete them? When I attempt to delete them I get the message that they are system files. Are they?

2. ** REGISTER to REMOVE This Ad On The Site!! **
    Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
  3. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Delta B.C. Canada
    Are they in your prefetch folder ? Hey call me adventurous but I'd delete them as there not on my system .

Use to fight with an old DOS head at work about temp files . I figured fuck em I'll delete them , if windows needs them it will put them back . Has served me well .

I'm sorry , not trying to be funny I just read your other post and it must be frustrating . If you turn of System Restore , clean your temp file with oh mabye Crapcleaner then what does it say ?

You are using Xp tho not Win98 ?
    Last edited by peat moss; 06-03-2006 at 02:42 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Yorkshire, England
    It is the cache for IE.

Leave it alone, or use "clear cache" to empty the contents.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I'm more than a bit adventurous myself but think I'll try the clear cache. Thanks everyone