Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian terrorist bust...

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    When I say let families in I mean like hard working people that want a better life .

A good example is migrant workers from lets say Mexico , willing to work at jobs others won't do . Then educate their children and you have a productive member of society , but only if you pay them what the job is worth minimum wage is a no brainer .

The problem is not in California , I'm talking about but Toronto .
    The problem over here is that they want this to be Mexico. Maybe they will wave the Mexican flag somore. Also, they are willing to do the work for much less money than we are.

On a side note, I was amazed that many of the workers in uniform, mind you, at Miami Airport spoke no English.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    There was a recent terror raid in England too. Is it my imagination or do there seem to be more terrorists around than there used to be (pre 9/11). Were these people always going to commit terrorist acts or have they since become radicalised

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw
    There was a recent terror raid in England too. Is it my imagination or do there seem to be more terrorists around than there used to be (pre 9/11). Were these people always going to commit terrorist acts or have they since become radicalised
    I would imagine the authorities have attempted to plumb that question, and it is one which would occur to any genuinely enquiring mind.

Why haven't the answers been published?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    lynx's Avatar .
    International and anti-US terrorist attacks fell significantly in 2002 (Source: U.S. State Department).

The rise in terror attacks since 2003 has absolutely nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq (Source: U.S. State Department).

The whole thing really is a puzzle.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Heres some food for thought .

Canadian Terror Probe Expands to 7 Nations

http://my.netscape.com/corewidgets/n...18310001493248

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    International and anti-US terrorist attacks fell significantly in 2002 (Source: U.S. State Department).

The rise in terror attacks since 2003 has absolutely nothing to do with the invasion of Iraq (Source: U.S. State Department).

True, considering that there were plots underway like the gassing of New York tunnels. We also can't forget the bombing of the USS Cole, 9/11, and the previous attack on the WTC.

I definitely believe that the Iraq War has created more terrorist sympathizers. Hell so would capturing Osama. At the same time, one must be a fool to correlate every new terrorist with Iraq seeing that terrorists seem to plan for things well in advance.

In essence, I am not quick to say that these terrorists were not planning something had the Iraq War not existed. Plans have been underway for these bombings for awhile.

There was a night club bombing in Bali in 2002......and there was a series of them in 2005. Maybe the 2005 Bali bombing was 'cause of the war in Iraq.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx

I believe the subject is successful intervention of planned attacks rather than actual attacks.

In any case, one wonders at the stated aim of the Canadian group, who do not (apparently) warrant the appellation of terrorist cell; rather, they purport to be an entity unto themselves.

Although the reports I have heard state these guys are "Canadian by birth", they certainly don't seem to be Canadian by choice, and have chosen a stance of alienation for no reason apart from an appetite for destruction and death, owing to some quasi-religious empathy with Al Qaeda.

If fundamentalist Islam has that kind of reach and effect, we are in for some bloody times indeed whenever such a group actually succeeds in their aims.

If the particulars of this situation had been discovered after-the-fact, the Canadian government would be on a drastically altered footing, as would the rest of the Western democracies.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    I honestly think it's both. For the most part, I think plans were already underway.

People certainly seem to be ignoring what had happened before the Iraq invasion. We already know Iraq is a major fuck-up but there is a serious lack of any evidence to correlate current terrorist attacks with it.

Terrorists will have a reason. Why was the USS Cole bombed? Why was the WTC bombing twice? Why was a Bali night club bombed?

The list is there before the Iraq invasion.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    That sting operation was the result of at least a two year program. I'm not sure if it was mentioned in any of the articles posted, though.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    And, despite one of them being shot in the raid 'coz they were so dangerous.. everyone was released without charge. Absolutely no evidence they were doing anything remotely illegal, nevermind terrorism.

However, another community that will now house people pissed off enough to think about it.

Am i cynical, or did this happen with Blair's full knowledge, at a time he wanted the media looking elsewhere?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast