Thread: Just wondering.. Newsgroups

Hehe just so happened to look at the fine red font at the top of the site, and it just bugs me, howcome that there on a site, that proclaims: "Never pay for File Sharing!" theres a newsgroup subforum.

It just doesn't make sense to me, I know that there are free newsgroups, but they are, just to be frank, crappy, with no good speeds and so on.

So to use good newsgroups you have to pay, which there by goes against this forum?

Just a thougt, I just found it funny.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    The text refers to websites that say gve us your money and you get to download free movies/games/music. Paying for newsgroups is paying for the access to newsgroups, the files don't have to be movies/games/music, some people use Newsgroups to chat even.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    ahh yes offcause, how stupid of me, hehe none the less I still find it funny.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    You have to pay your ISP to bring you the internet and you have to pay a seprate one if you want usenet, it's not part of the standard internet. The only exception being if your ISP provides usenet as part of your package.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    I get newsgroups provided by ntl as part of the subscription. Whilst the content may be considered "crappy" (tho' I would disagree as I can get everything I want) the speeds are not.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    No you don't have to pay, and I don't. Maybe you're just not very resourceful.

If you tried to use one single free news server, yes it will be slow and crappy, and doing that is a mistake. The way to use free servers is to use all of them together, simultaneously, combining their speed and completion into a virtual premium server.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Well no-matter what the bottom line is You Get What You Pay For!!!
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Yeah I had the same experience with newsgroups.