Thread: Which Dtp Program Is Best?

Very Large Member
    Im wanting to make a brochure and am looking for an easy to use program thats preferably NOT Microsoft as I heard they can trace you or summat like that.
    I dont need anything fancy,just something to get the words and pictures on a page and is simple to use will do.
    Any suggestions?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I'd suggest Adobe Photoshop, but it's not exactly easy to use. If you want something really simple with wizards to guide you, how about one of the Print Shop programs. I couldn't find a hash for it, but you can probably find a working version by searching in Kazaa. That's The Print Shop by Broderbund, not to be confused with Paint Shop Pro by Jasc (which is also a decent DTP program). If you can't download it, Amazon has an older version for 15 bucks (the new version is a little more pricey)...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ance&s=software

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    It would be possible to produce a booklet with photoshop - I have done this in the past, but that application is more suited to working with images. There are other apps specifically for producing publications such as Adobe Pagemaker and Adobe InDesign but these may seem very complex at first (they are really professional apps used by the print and design industry). Most word-processors these days have wizards for this purpose and if you dont want to use Word or Works then try Serif PagePlus or similar - its a more beginner friendly version of the heavyweight Adobe programs and has many wizards and guides for making booklets.

LJ

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Very Large Member
    thanks LongJohn.Ive tried Pagemaker and I agree thats its waaay too complex.
    Ill try to get Serif PagePlus and give it a try.
    Anyone else any other ideas?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I think corel make a few apps that could be of use, they used to anyways...(used to be given away as a freebie with epson printers in the u.k)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Very Large Member
    Cheers Prozac.
    I couldnt get hold of pageplus so ill give corel a go.