Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virus Spreading On Kazaalite

Originally posted by ricky@1 May 2003 - 09:28
    RedRival, i would recommend norton antivirus 2003 and norton firewall 2003... just download it through kazaa...
    ... or better yet, get Norton Internet Security 2003 (on k-lite, of course - 64MB file)

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    baccyman's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    you could also try avg anti virus which is free there are also updates for it .
    http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_index.htm?s...92919ebdda11004

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    norton and AVS, two best antivrius programs you can have, if you update them daily, your computer will be 100% virus free.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    There are some times when the Norton Antivirus program can be a massive pain. If for example you insert any cd's with viruses on them into the cd-rom drive you can expect a bunch of messages every 30 seconds explaining that they can not be repaired. You can spend an hour checking your drive to run into some viruses that can not be repaired, qurantined or deleted only to find that you can easily remove the files with the del key. And to top it all off I pity you if you're using the 499mb version of windows xp pro off kazaa, then you get the fun of quaranteing parts of your operating system. Also the copy of Mircosoft office xp is infected as well through that might be a bit more difficult to fix.

Actually I would personally reccomend Norton Antivirus 2003, It's the best I've seen so far.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    true_neo's Avatar The Dark Lord Revan
    Why do people have the infected files on their hard drive anymore? If they DL a file who is a trojan or anything else, delete it!

*Keeps staring at my Kazaa-found NAV 2003 Pro *
    Sage goes in the signature field.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    There are some times when the Norton Antivirus program can be a massive pain. If for example you insert any cd's with viruses on them into the cd-rom drive
    wtf? lol dude, you like keeping virus on your cd's? you like spreading them? how bid is your collection... yeah sure annoying when norton gives you a msg warning every 30 seconds about a virus....maybe because its built to delete them, if its annoying, turn it off and it wont give you a msg if you like virus so much.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    well, i know that my computer wont get infected since my norton anti virus will detect it...good anti virus protector....anywayz you guys who dont have norton anti virus protecter..DOWNLOAD it itll save your computer!

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Yes, I agree. As soon as I got it it removed two common KaZaA worms and since then it's knocked out four more. I would also recommend Norton Internet Security which has prevented three intrusions so far. By the way, Norton AbtiVirus isn't just convienient to have, trust me it's essential. One in every three programs I get have viruses or worms now so if you don't get Norton, I would recommend not using KaZaA at all.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    MexicanJesus
    Yeah, you guys should check your mirrors because they are uploading us shitty versions of Kazaa Lite with a bunch of crap that goes in WINDOWS\sCache32. I don't want to be one spreading viruses all over the net, and a lot of these viruses are renamed to the most popular programs out there, but better versions, so it intrigues you to download them, like Winzip 9.0??? The latest version is 8.1. Anyways, I had 8 music files on my comp that I downloaded off Kazaa because I had recently reformated my C:, but I saw that I was uploading things like Pop-Up Stopper to people, so I went to check my Shared Folder and turned off 'hide files' and nothing was in there, then I searched my machine and found them in WINDOWS\sCache32 and I knew that wasn't a regular folder, so I just deleted it. Now that those files are gone, I came to what I hope is the source of these problems, and I would suggest you check your mirrors to make sure they're not handing out anything we don't want. Thanks for the time and keep up the good work, as this is the best Kazaa Lite out there B)

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by MexicanJesus@6 May 2003 - 00:45
    Yeah, you guys should check your mirrors because they are uploading us shitty versions of Kazaa Lite with a bunch of crap that goes in WINDOWS\sCache32. I don't want to be one spreading viruses all over the net, and a lot of these viruses are renamed to the most popular programs out there, but better versions, so it intrigues you to download them, like Winzip 9.0??? The latest version is 8.1. Anyways, I had 8 music files on my comp that I downloaded off Kazaa because I had recently reformated my C:, but I saw that I was uploading things like Pop-Up Stopper to people, so I went to check my Shared Folder and turned off 'hide files' and nothing was in there, then I searched my machine and found them in WINDOWS\sCache32 and I knew that wasn't a regular folder, so I just deleted it. Now that those files are gone, I came to what I hope is the source of these problems, and I would suggest you check your mirrors to make sure they're not handing out anything we don't want. Thanks for the time and keep up the good work, as this is the best Kazaa Lite out there B)
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...bot.f.worm.html

It's a well known virus that does NOT come from your K-Lite Installer. And deleting the folder you found the files in won't get rid of the virus, those files will soon be back.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast