Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New nintendo ds lite

2. Games   -   #12
    If I were to get the Datel Max Media Launcher (it says it works with DS Lite), would I have to flash the DS Lite?
    Or could I just always put the Datel card in when I wanted to use the SuperCard in the GBA slot?

3. Games   -   #13
    Sissoko's Avatar "Witty Comment" BT Rep: +2
    I've just bought a DS lite, and will be buying the flashcard and passcards for it next week on payday

4. Games   -   #14
    frazer's Avatar I drew my avatar
    new nintendo ds lite well its smaller but i have the big one though not willing to sell that one then pay an extra 20 pounds for somthing allready have

5. Games   -   #15
    I'll get it once the price goes down and new colours are released. I am content with the original DS for now.

6. Games   -   #16
    janx4u's Avatar newbie
    Well, i have Nintendo DS original and i was considering to buy Lite. Now i read u can buy somekinda cartridge and play ROMs? So do i understand it right that old original DS is much more haxxor friendly than the Lite???

PS! I own PSP that is hacked to FW1.5! I know all about PSP and homebrew but nothing about DS. Just didnt know that u can play roms and stuff (well its hard to get my hands on the DS cause my girlfriend barely puts it down - damn Nintendogs!!! ).
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry. But ur not a mime so.....

7. Games   -   #17
    chojin's Avatar In Hell With SaTan
    Cheers for the info guys I currenly have all 507 DS Roms and was unsure which Flash thingy to go for, so you have given me some ideas

ta

EDIT

Make that All 510 roms
    Last edited by chojin; 07-30-2006 at 12:24 AM.
    ---------
    SYSTEM
    ---------
    AMD 3800x2 64BIT
    ASUS A8N SLI PREMIUM
    3GB Corsair TwinX 3200 Cas 2
    XFX 7800GT Extreem
    2 x 250GB Samsung SATA2 7200 8MB
    160GB WD HDD External
    120GB WD HDD External
    520W HyperPower
    19" IIyama VM 451 Pro
    WIN XP64
    10MB BBI

8. Games   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by janx4u View Post
    So do i understand it right that old original DS is much more haxxor friendly than the Lite???
    no more hack-friendly, really. the only thing it can do which cannot be done with DS Lite is use WiFiMe to do the initial firmware overwrite (uses a PC as a fake DS Download Station, to send a firmware overwrite) -- but WiFiMe was only compatible with a small number of PC Wi-Fi cards and required a v3 or earlier DS. very limited usefulness.

otherwise, the hack procedure is the same on old "old" DS, newer "old" DS, and Lite. you just need to make sure the PassMe/PassKey-type device you use is listed as compatible with the latest retail firmwares (such as the one DS Lite uses).

also, when i replaced my Lite's firmware, i found that the plastic wall between the SL1 point and that weird screw (the one you're not supposed to touch) reaches all the way down to the motherboard. so if you make sure you've chosen the correct hole, it is virtually impossible to touch the screw by accident.

9. Games   -   #19
    carbon75's Avatar Stronger than steel
    Thought I would bump this since there are some new slot-1 options that don't require any sort of flashing for the DS. The R4 and SCDS (supercard) take little microSD cards and can hold lots of stuff. They are also way cheaper than the DS-X that only has 512MB capacity.

Using these new cards anyone can play games, listen to music, and watch movies. It is way better than an iPod that's for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12