Thread: possible to have two accounts on torrentleech?

I don't want to share an account with my brother. We have different computers but we're on the same network, so I'm not sure if that'll present a problem. Does anyone know?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Hope this answers your question bro.

Multiple IPs (Can I login from different computers?)

Yes, our tracker is using the passkey system, so the ip of the user is of no relevance, as the identification of the user is being done by the means of checking the user's passkey and not the ip.

Straight from FAQ on torrentleech.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I think thats right but you cannot use the same computer with different usernames.......trust me on that one.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yeah the passkey is somehow generated by the computer you are using if im assuming correctly.But if you have 2 computers on a network should be fine.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Yeah coz the ip changes by one digit so its like accessing it from a computer that isn't really in his house lol. My friends IP is one digit different from mine and he lives like 4 blocks down the line.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Ok, because we're in the same house but my ip is slightly different than his (by one digit). I hope that'll be ok. I really don't want to get banned.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Did you miss what i copied and pasted from TL
    our tracker is using the passkey system, SO THE IP of the user is of no relevance, as the identification of the user is being done by the means of checking the user's passkey and not the ip.