Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals 2006 - Miami or Dallas?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Dallas.

Nowitzki.

'Nuff said.
    Dirk Nowitzki

2 for 14 shooting.

Dallas loses 98 - 74

The series is now tied 2 - 2 and now it moves back to Dallas.

If Dallas is going to win, Nowitzki has got to show up for more than one game. He is playing like basketball is not a contact sport.

So far, the clear MVP of series is Dywane Wade.

He is playing excellent ball.

Btw, I didn't know you were a basketball fan really.

I assume when you were in Texas (before moving to your northern village compound) that you watched the Dallas Mavericks.

I say that 'cause previously you hawked on the play of Steve Nash and now Nowitzki. Both of them are easily in my top 10 players in the league.
    Never lived in Texas.

I've always appreciated big guys who can play the floor, going back to people like Sikma and Shrempf.

Magic being a 6'8" guard kind of overshadowed the 6'10"-7' guys who were Garnett before Garnett was.

I'm sure I'm overlooking some others...

I grew up watching Alcindor, Gilmore, Hayes, Lanier, and Walton play college ball, and I was once privileged to watch Wilt Chamberlain arrive in the Warriors lockerroom in Philly before they moved to 'Frisco.

I was born in Philly.
    Last edited by j2k4; 06-16-2006 at 11:03 PM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Dirk Nowitzki

2 for 14 shooting.

Dallas loses 98 - 74

The series is now tied 2 - 2 and now it moves back to Dallas.

If Dallas is going to win, Nowitzki has got to show up for more than one game. He is playing like basketball is not a contact sport.

So far, the clear MVP of series is Dywane Wade.

He is playing excellent ball.

Btw, I didn't know you were a basketball fan really.

I assume when you were in Texas (before moving to your northern village compound) that you watched the Dallas Mavericks.

I say that 'cause previously you hawked on the play of Steve Nash and now Nowitzki. Both of them are easily in my top 10 players in the league.
    Never lived in Texas.

I've always appreciated big guys who can play the floor, going back to people like Sikma and Shrempf.

Magic being a 6'8" guard kind of overshadowed the 6'10"-7' guys who were Garnett before Garnett was.

I'm sure I'm overlooking some others...

I grew up watching Alcindor, Gilmore, Hayes, Lanier, and Walton play college ball, and I was once privileged to watch Wilt Chamberlain arrive in the Warriors lockerroom in Philly before they moved to 'Frisco.

I was born in Philly.
    My brain fart. I don't know why but I thought you lived in Texas before.

So you liked Nowitzki 'cause he's a mobile big guy (the most mobile I'd say). What about Nash? He and Nowit' are the only two guys I've heard you say anything about. I thought it was a Texas connection since there are good players in the NBA like Mike Miller, Kobe, Wade, Garnett, etc.

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    YESSSSS!!!!

Jerry Stackhouse has been suspended for Game 5 for this......

That's 300+ lbs. crashing to the floor.

I liked Jerry when he played for the Wizards but he ended up being a little bitch in his last year.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 06-17-2006 at 01:07 AM.

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    YESSSSS!!!!

I liked Jerry when he played for the Wizards but he ended up being a little bitch in his last year.
    He wore out his welcome in Detroit, too.

Truth be told, I don't watch much B-ball anymore, 'cuz I'm not wild about how it's played, college or pro.

The Pistons seem to have developed a bit of a work ethic from year-to-year, but if Joe Dumars wasn't running the show, I probably wouldn't care about them, either.

Individual players come to my attention, but I find the ones I can stand to watch are difficult to abide when they are revealed in the press, Sportscenter, etc.

I really like Tim Duncan; he gets more done by mistake than others do on purpose.

I like Wade alright.

I can't stand Kobe; understand, he's got mad skills, but old Joe shoulda beat his ass more when he was a kid.

I liked Barkley.

I liked Mo Cheeks and Moses Malone.

Bird was perhaps the most fundamentally sound player I've ever watched.

Magic was, well...Magic.

His Spartan teams were probably the last college ball I actually followed.

I remember watching Lenny Bias some at Maryland.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    YESSSSS!!!!

He wore out his welcome in Detroit, too.

Truth be told, I don't watch much B-ball anymore, 'cuz I'm not wild about how it's played, college or pro.

The Pistons seem to have developed a bit of a work ethic from year-to-year, but if Joe Dumars wasn't running the show, I probably wouldn't care about them, either.

Individual players come to my attention, but I find the ones I can stand to watch are difficult to abide when they are revealed in the press, Sportscenter, etc.

I really like Tim Duncan; he gets more done by mistake than others do on purpose.

I like Wade alright.

I can't stand Kobe; understand, he's got mad skills, but old Joe shoulda beat his ass more when he was a kid.

I liked Barkley.

I liked Mo Cheeks and Moses Malone.

Bird was perhaps the most fundamentally sound player I've ever watched.

Magic was, well...Magic.

His Spartan teams were probably the last college ball I actually followed.

I remember watching Lenny Bias some at Maryland.
    Tragedy that was....but he was an idiot.

Wade came outta nowhere. First he pulled an upset and advanced to the second round of the playoffs WITHOUT a Shaq. Now he is easily one of the most exciting players I've seen in awhile.

What's wrong with today's NBA? It has as much style and flair as the old days...even more actually. I know the off-the court stuff and brawling taints it kinda but the game is the game is the game.

Seeing both most recent NBA champs getting knock out of the playoffs is refreshing. I wanna see Shaq get another ring. I think as far people go, he is the antithesis of Kobe.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 06-17-2006 at 02:07 AM.

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    Actually, I like Shaq too, but I think he could have taken slightly better care of himself (that is to say, I find it unfortunate he didn't dedicate himself to conditioning; now, if he had Karl Malone's workout ethic...).

He's got a propensity to say some goofy things occasionally, but he's a great player and a pretty fair role model.

I guess it's the army brat in him.

The game has become a bit too individualistic for me; witness Kobe and his 80-point game-a stunt.

If Chamberlain had never learned the me, me, me lesson, I probably wouldn't have liked him either.

There was a fellow named Robertson who would absolutely dominate a game feeding everybody else.

I realize the game has changed, but it is geared to please the crowd.

These days you have to be a genuine afficionado to appreciate baseball properly (my opinion, obviously; anyone can sit in the stands and root for a team), there is so much happening that is not apparent...

Basketball used to have a bit of that (for me), too.

-Mark Twain

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    Actually, I like Shaq too, but I think he could have taken slightly better care of himself (that is to say, I find it unfortunate he didn't dedicate himself to conditioning; now, if he had Karl Malone's workout ethic...).

True, but even without that workout ethic, he still is one of the greatest players ever in the game.

He's got a propensity to say some goofy things occasionally, but he's a great player and a pretty fair role model.

I guess it's the army brat in him.

Yeah he ain't boring. That's for sure. I like when he called Eric Dampier, Erica, in reference to his soft playing. He also told the press that his daughter hits him harder, in reference to Stackhouse laying him out in game 5. He's truly a class act.

The game has become a bit too individualistic for me; witness Kobe and his 80-point game-a stunt.

I don't like Kobe but in that, he gets a pass. They were severely losing to the Raptors and he was feelin' it. You absolutely cannot knock him for that. However, even with his 80-point performance, he'll never be a Jordan. I consider him the best player that ever played and he is the reason I started liking basketball. I hated the game but couldn't what he was actually doing on the court. It was fucking brilliant.

If Chamberlain had never learned the me, me, me lesson, I probably wouldn't have liked him either.

There was a fellow named Robertson who would absolutely dominate a game feeding everybody else.

I realize the game has changed, but it is geared to please the crowd.

These days you have to be a genuine afficionado to appreciate baseball properly (my opinion, obviously; anyone can sit in the stands and root for a team), there is so much happening that is not apparent...

Basketball used to have a bit of that (for me), too.
    I think you look at alll this other stuff like the brawl for instance and get turned by the game itself. That is not the game. It is a mere hiccup. In some instances the game is individualized but the days are gone where you've got coaches making players do 5 passes then shoot.

If you have the shot, you have the shot. You have players that rise individually and you can't ignore them. The Wizards have a previous Most Improved Player (Gilbert Arenas) and Best 6th Man (Antawn Jamison) and now the franchise players.

I think restricting 18 year-old high graduates from playing was a mistake. Sure you have ones that don't make it but you have ones that do. That's life. College is not supposed to be the Minor League of basketball anyway.

Would we have had

Kevin Garnett
    Kobe Bryant
    Sebastian Telfair
    Lebron James
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Moses Malone?

You always have those that say, "But they could have got better in college." They also could have been injured. So what.

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    I am a heat fan so go heat!

Dirk might be better than Shaq but the Heat have D-Wade and Pat Riley!

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Last night's game was a stunner.

Dirk had an average game...again.

Wade had a phenomenal game....again (bad percentage though).

Heat win 101 - 100 to go up 3 -2 in the series.

They can close out FTW in Dallas (Game 6).

Dirk (and the whole team for that matter) was perfect from the charity stripe until he missed one in the 4th quarter when they needed it most.

Dirk is a choker.

Wade, on the other hand, makes both of his at the VERY end.

There was controversy because between Dirk's free throws, Josh Howard called a time-out...using their last. Because he did that, Dallas couldn't stop the clock after the last free throw and advance the ball the half-court which was terribly needed with less than 2 seconds left.

Coach Avery Johnson argued that it was assumed he wasnted the timeout after the 2nd free throw. Yet Josh Howard put his hands together for the time-out after the first free throw.

I think the refs made the right call. Hell Chris Webber lost a college championship from calling a time-out he didn't have.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I think the refs made the right call. Hell Chris Webber lost a college championship from calling a time-out he didn't have.
    Yep. Back in the days of the Fab-Five.

I remember wanting to kill Webber for that. Poor guy though, he'll never live that down.

yo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast