Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wtf!

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Blatant cheating and holding up the game.

edit: I guess not so blatant.....

They fucking practice flopping. Wtf?! That's just fucking sad. Damn I recall the English contingent bashing basketball 'cause we give a foul to stop the clock. I was told that was wholly American. It seems this flopping has been going in soccer for awhile but ignored in that discussion.

Fantastic.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 06-13-2006 at 02:52 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    This thread is funny because this is the one point girls and homosexuals harp on about when football is mentioned in this country.

Though it is hardly just the Europeans that do this, I'd say the worse for diving and playacting are the South Americans. Paraguay were playing that referee very well on Saturday.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    i think it's two high ranking teams and two low ranking teams. picked at random
    Not quite, the teams are split into four different groups of seeds, top seeds, second seeds, third seeds and fourth seeds. Their ranking is dependent on their performance in the last two World Cups and FIFA ranking.

There is a certain randomness in the draw for the groups but they also ensure that teams from the same continent do not meet each other in the first round. Except for, of course, the Europeans. For them they just make sure there are no more than two European teams in one group.

USA, for instance, are ranked 9th because, despite of their inflated FIFA ranking, they have failed to perform well in the last two World Cups (which includes a humiliating defeat to Iran). The seeding system works well enough in that it keeps the big boys (Brazil, England, etc) seperated until the latter stages and even if a team gets knocked out in the first round they will have played football against countries from at least two different continents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seeding...FIFA_World_Cup

FIFA SEEDINGS FOR 2006 WORLD CUP

1 Brazil
    2 England
    3 Spain
    4 Germany
    5 Mexico
    6 France
    7 Argentina
    8 Italy
    9 USA
    10 Netherlands
    11 Korea Republic
    12 Japan
    13 Sweden
    14 Croatia
    15 Paraguay
    16 Czech Republic
    17 Portugal
    18 Costa Rica
    19 Saudi Arabia
    20 Poland
    21 Iran
    22 Tunisia
    23 Ecuador
    24 Serbia & Montenegro
    25 Switzerland
    26 Ukraine
    27 Côte d'Ivoire
    28 Australia
    29 Trinidad and Tobago
    30 Ghana
    31 Angola
    32 Togo
    Last edited by Cheese; 06-13-2006 at 03:38 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    This thread is funny because this is the one point girls and homosexuals harp on about when football is mentioned in this country.

Though it is hardly just the Europeans that do this, I'd say the worse for diving and playacting are the South Americans. Paraguay were playing that referee very well on Saturday.
    I have seen where the ref just tell the whinger to just get up. I wished they'd penalize for whinging.

You'll the see some fuck acting like he got shot then watch prance off the field.

It's only a matter of time before this cancer starts infecting the US team too especially since they are losing so badly. Grasping at straws.

I imagine it must work or else players wouldn't do it. It seems like a good way to catch a breather.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    It's also entertaining.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. Lounge   -   #16
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    What's the dealio with Europeon players always flopping and going for these "I've been mortally wounded" acting awards. They fucking get right back up and sprint away. I've noticed this a lot in soccer and even in basketball.

Just fucking play the game.
    You really know nothing about football busyman? ...that's the way it is

This is not soccer m8 .. lol...

Rugby is the sport for men, not football.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Damn I recall the English contingent bashing basketball 'cause we give a foul to stop the clock. I was told that was wholly American. It seems this flopping has been going in soccer for awhile but ignored in that discussion.
    I mentioned diving in soccer a lot and I condemned it a lot.

You mentioned cheating in basketball a lot and said it was fine.

The point was that while you don't mind your team cheating to win, I would rather my team not cheat and lose than cheat and win.

I would still prefer my team to play fair and lose than cheat to win.

The consensus in that thread was that you're a materialistic cunt and I'm more of a sporting purist.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Damn I recall the English contingent bashing basketball 'cause we give a foul to stop the clock. I was told that was wholly American. It seems this flopping has been going in soccer for awhile but ignored in that discussion.
    I mentioned diving in soccer a lot and I condemned it a lot.

You mentioned cheating in basketball a lot and said it was fine.

The point was that while you don't mind your team cheating to win, I would rather my team not cheat and lose than cheat and win.

I would still prefer my team to play fair and lose than cheat to win.

The consensus in that thread was that you're a materialistic cunt and I'm more of a sporting purist.
    I mentioned you knew shit about basketball.

I was right. Fouls to send a player to the line in hopes they can get the ball back involve a legitimate play on the ball with simply less discrimination otherwise said team retains possession after said foul. STFU.

Fouls are part of basketball and is in the rules. Whinging and flopping is not part of soccer rules. It is cheating for a breather or whateverthefuck.

You are a name-calling-fuck. Construct that for effect.

Oh and you weren't even the wholly American poster but thanks for playing, dumbass, dumbass.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    What's the dealio with Europeon players always flopping and going for these "I've been mortally wounded" acting awards. They fucking get right back up and sprint away. I've noticed this a lot in soccer and even in basketball.

Just fucking play the game.
    You really know nothing about football busyman? ...that's the way it is

This is not soccer m8 .. lol...

Rugby is the sport for men, not football.
    Kewel! Soccer is not a major sport ova here. Gotcha.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    You're going to have to claim a busyrod in a minute - you're looking increasingly stupid.
    As if by magic:

I am so very, very shocked.

I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast