Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wtf!

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    The refs sometimes give yellow cards for blatant diving in the box to try and get a penalty, but not often enough imho.

The feigning of serious injury is a real detriment to the game, and it has always been the Mediterranean and South American players that are the worst culprits. Oh, and of course the Germans.

The Turks are pretty sneaky in that regard too. You watch out for them later on in the competition...

The English players always play the game to the highest degree of sportsmanship, and are beyond reproach.
    You forgot the
    You forgot the
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    You forgot the
    You forgot the
    Mmk

3. Lounge   -   #33
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!

4. Lounge   -   #34
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Rubber legs FTW

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=o5LFqJOj0...ch=cisse%20leg

The first view it looks like a dive and trying to get a free kick. Then look at the third view, he's broken his leg. A ref gets one view, often from 25 yards or more away. Do you book the player for 'diving' when he's really shattered his leg?

Also no one's mentioned yet that very few English players dive, if any. Gerrard likes to win a penalty or two and Joe Cole use to hit the deck slightly to easy but apart from that i'm finding it hard to name one in the same league as Ronaldo, Deco and Robben.
    Yeah I would think the ref would check that out. If the player gets about fine afterwards, they should be penalized and fined.
    Ref's arn't allowed to use video replays and can only book people for diving if they are 100% sure, or so Fifa say. The problem is not when no contact it made because those are easy to spot, it's when very light contact is made and a player goes down too easy. Is he diving? The player made contact so it might have been harder than it looks and again i must stress the fact that a ref has a split second to make his mind up, using only what he see's from his eyes, and is not allowed to book a player for diving unless he is 100% sure they did.

If you watch a full match there are only usually 1 or 2 no contact dives, but as soon as a player is put under any sort of preasure or they feel they might los the ball they tend to go down too easy.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    It's friggin gay how refs aren't allow to use vid replays, because during the China vs Japan 2004 (05?) Asia Cup Japan scored with a player's hand, as it was seen clearly in the video replay. But the ghey motherfeckin ref counted the goal and China lost it's 1/10000 chance to win any international soccer tournament
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler
    It's friggin gay how refs aren't allow to use vid replays, because during the China vs Japan 2004 (05?) Asia Cup Japan scored with a player's hand, as it was seen clearly in the video replay. But the ghey motherfeckin ref counted the goal and China lost it's 1/10000 chance to win any international soccer tournament
    I like vid replys for certain things but not everything. That was definitely a vid replay moment for the refs.

In the NBA, they look at every buzzer beater to see if the ball left the players hands in time to count the bucket. In NFL they have challenges which, funny enough, adds a nice drama to the game.

I haven't watched enough soccer to weigh in too much but since goals are so scarce, why not scrutinize them all? Most of them would take a quick moment.

I never knew about the China debacle but it sounded quite tragic.

Nothing is more tragic in international games than the blatant cheating of the head of the IOC making the US, who already had beat Russia, twice run a do-over until Russia won the Gold in basketball. Slightly different scenario.

International play is too important to relegate important game changing events to only the unassisted human eye. Contact lenses ain't enough either.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    If your going to use instant replays why have referee's at all ?

Put it on the big screen let the fans decide !

Or better yet have an online link and vote . We instant replays in Ice Hockey and it takes for ever for the ref's to decide
    Last edited by peat moss; 06-14-2006 at 02:57 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss

Or better yet have an online link and vote . We instant replays in Ice Hockey and it takes for ever for the ref's to decide
    Again, don't use replays for everything. It slows the game down too much.

In the NFL, coaches get a limited number of drama filled challenges. If they are wrong, they lose a timeout.

I love how during the challenge period, they show both coaches on split-screen and their reactions. Some throw down their headsets in anger.

Quality stuff.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss

Again, don't use replays for everything. It slows the game down too much.

In the NFL, coaches get a limited number of drama filled challenges. If they are wrong, they lose a timeout.

I love how during the challenge period, they show both coaches on split-screen and their reactions. Some throw down their headsets in anger.

Quality stuff.
    lol obiviously I'd be pished too if I just made a bad call in front of like 50000 fans.

I'd just be glad that fans are not chucking bottles at me.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast