Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Wtf!

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    TV evidence should definitely be used for goal-line incidents, to determine if the ball has crossed the line or not. It's amazing how often they get this wrong.

Other than that, I don't think there's a need for it for any other scenarios, as they tend to even out over the course of a game.

It's equivalent to what happens in rugby union, when they go to the TV screens when it's not obvious if a try has been scored, or in cricket, when they go to the 4th official to see if a batsman was run out.

Waiting for the TV decision in these situations actually adds to the excitement, and they are usually so infrequent that the game isn't disrupted too badly.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    TV evidence should definitely be used for goal-line incidents, to determine if the ball has crossed the line or not. It's amazing how often they get this wrong.

Other than that, I don't think there's a need for it for any other scenarios, as they tend to even out over the course of a game.

It's equivalent to what happens in rugby union, when they go to the TV screens when it's not obvious if a try has been scored, or in cricket, when they go to the 4th official to see if a batsman was run out.

Waiting for the TV decision in these situations actually adds to the excitement, and they are usually so infrequent that the game isn't disrupted too badly.
    Good post. I do hate when we as fans see the correct call in the stands and on TV RIGHT AFTER THE FUCKING PLAY and you just want to strangle the refs for not simply looking up at the jumbo screen to see what we're seeing.

I agree every call need not be reviewed. In the NBA, instant replay is only used for end-of quarter buzzer beaters. It doesn't slow the game down at all since it's between quarters anyway.

Since basketball is filled with last second shots FTW this had to be done. I also hate when they fucking ignore the replay in tennis. They have a computer that looks for line outs and I've seen them ignore it.....actually I think that's for viewer benefit.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Tennis is a mockery, especially at Wimbledon, because the umpire can overrule anything, including cyclops, the net cord beeper, and any line judge calls he doesn't agree with.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    They should hire ex-pilots to do the lines.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler
    They should hire ex-pilots to do the lines.
    Or a druggie.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Microchips. Put them in the balls for dodgy goal calls and you could even put them in player's brains to check for offsides. In time you could make the chips inhibit emotions like aggression (to stop fouling) and arsieness (to stop diving).

7. Lounge   -   #47
    In fact, if all sport was run as a computer simulation, rather than in real life, it would be better for everyone, because all the rules would be adhered to, all decisions would be 100% accurate, and all players would always play to their best abilities

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    In fact, if all sport was run as a computer simulation, rather than in real life, it would be better for everyone, because all the rules would be adhered to, all decisions would be 100% accurate, and all players would always play to their best abilities
    lol indeed, agreed.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345