I was curious what computer (computer only - without monitor, printer, etc.) you would buy if you had up to $1000.00 USD to spend on it?
I am getting ready to purchase a new one, and here are my uses:
1. Work - I work with AutoCAD everyday, so needs great processor, memory, and video card.
2. Music - I think you know what I mean here - CDS, MP3S, etc.
3. Video - I plan to buy a digital video camera and would like to get into editing and some small home movie making.
4. Play - Gaming is not a huge factor, but I do enjoy an occasional Tony Hawk or Mat Hoffman session.
5. ???? - whatever else you can think of which would be of interest.
My innitial thoughts:
-Plenty of USB 2.0 ports
-DVD drive (maybe a DVD writer for the film stuff???)
-Video card with ??? memory
-Awesome sound card
-Operating System??? Leaning toward XP Pro
-I will be setting up a network upon the purchase of the new computer, so anything I may want to consider with that in mind?
All your thoughts on the above info. and any additional suggestions are appreciated as well.
Thanks for your help.